• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Old User Returning

It's been five-years since I've posted in the forum. It seems people have lost interest in open-carry and making sure cities and counties are obeying KRS 65.870. Well, everyone except gutshot.

I was hoping the new members would introduce themselves and the old ones would say "Hey!"

I settled all violations in my area years ago, but since then new officials have been elected and many years have passed. I'm planning on making the rounds yet again to make sure all agencies and offices are still in compliance with State law. I want to make sure my children enjoy the freedoms we do today, and I realized there's more than likely no one in my area making sure our gun-rights are still recognized and respected.

Anyways, I just wanted to drop in and say "Hello" to all the old-timers and introduce myself to all the newcomers. I have no doubt that if you're a member of this community you're going above and beyond to ensure the rights of all Kentuckians are recognized and protected.

Good day!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's been five-years since I've posted in the forum. It seems people have lost interest in open-carry and making sure cities and counties are obeying KRS 65.870. Well, everyone except gutshot.
--snipped--
Anyways, I just wanted to drop in and say "Hello" to all the old-timers and introduce myself to all the newcomers. I have no doubt that if you're a member of this community you're going above and beyond to ensure the rights of all Kentuckians are recognized and protected.

Good day!

Welcome back. OC is quite alive and well.

Apparently you have forgotten your login password as KYGlockster. John should have been able to reset that for you thereby avoiding violating the Forum double registry Rule #13.

I have put in such a request to John. If and when that occurs, you can simply continue to log in with your present profile.

Last edited:

gutshot II

I was hoping the new members would introduce themselves and the old ones would say "Hey!"

I settled all violations in my area years ago, but since then new officials have been elected and many years have passed. I'm planning on making the rounds yet again to make sure all agencies and offices are still in compliance with State law. I want to make sure my children enjoy the freedoms we do today, and I realized there's more than likely no one in my area making sure our gun-rights are still recognized and respected.

Good day!

Good to see you here again. I hope you have been well.

You are right, most of the oldtimers are no longer around OCDO. It is a real shame. I hope you stay for a while. Any work that you do will be appreciated.

MrFive7

Welcome back from Hardin county.

I've lurked on this forum for roughly 5 years. Only got around to posting in the past year. I remember reading a lot of your old posts KYGlockster. Glad to see you return.

I believe I've also cleared up any OC violations in my limited area.

I don't think the forum is as dead as people believe. I still frequent regularly as time allows.

Perhaps there is less and less to report in regards to violations of KRS 65.870? Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I'm being too optimistic. Maybe I just don't get out as much as I should.

In any event, welcome back.

Never give up the fight. Never stop writing, emailing, and calling, your representatives. They do work for us. They just have to be reminded from time to time...

I did remember my password but it would not accept it. I keep all of my passwords written down in my safe. I no longer have access to the email I established my old account with as it was a college account and I finished there years ago, so I was not able to ascertain why my password wasn't accepted, Grapeshot. It is nice to see you're still here enforcing the rules and being helpful as usual.

Thank you to those of you that responded. I noticed a few members from the old days. Gutshot is truly a man to be respected and knowing what he's done for our rights in KY I know I could never thank him enough. I let my KC3 membership lapse several years ago. I need to get that reinstated asap, as there's not an organization in KY that fights as hard as KC3 for our gun rights.

I recently moved to Carter County and yesterday I took the kids to Grayson Lake to play on the new grounds. I know years ago we had an issue with the marina as they had the entire marina posted, even though the ACoE only controls the damn at Grayson Lake. I can't recall if anyone ever rectified this (any time the ACoE are involved it's a mess) but the signage has returned or is still there. The marina is hundreds of yards from the damn and on the opposite side of the damn control area and they are still prohibiting firearms on state property. Does anyone have any info on this? I've done some research but haven't come up with anything as of now. The sign plainly states "No Firearms Allowed," which is unacceptable. I still carried as I was on state property at all times and never stepped foot on ACoE controlled areas but this sign is bad news.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...I no longer have access to the email I established my old account with as it was a college account and I finished there years ago...

...Gutshot is truly a man to be respected and knowing what he's done for our rights in KY I know I could never thank him enough. ...
Since you're apparently a young-un, you need to step up and be gutshot's understudy. :D

hotrod

KC3

I did remember my password but it would not accept it. I keep all of my passwords written down in my safe. I no longer have access to the email I established my old account with as it was a college account and I finished there years ago, so I was not able to ascertain why my password wasn't accepted, Grapeshot. It is nice to see you're still here enforcing the rules and being helpful as usual.

Thank you to those of you that responded. I noticed a few members from the old days. Gutshot is truly a man to be respected and knowing what he's done for our rights in KY I know I could never thank him enough. I let my KC3 membership lapse several years ago. I need to get that reinstated asap, as there's not an organization in KY that fights as hard as KC3 for our gun rights.

I recently moved to Carter County and yesterday I took the kids to Grayson Lake to play on the new grounds. I know years ago we had an issue with the marina as they had the entire marina posted, even though the ACoE only controls the damn at Grayson Lake. I can't recall if anyone ever rectified this (any time the ACoE are involved it's a mess) but the signage has returned or is still there. The marina is hundreds of yards from the damn and on the opposite side of the damn control area and they are still prohibiting firearms on state property. Does anyone have any info on this? I've done some research but haven't come up with anything as of now. The sign plainly states "No Firearms Allowed," which is unacceptable. I still carried as I was on state property at all times and never stepped foot on ACoE controlled areas but this sign is bad news.

We are now issuing membership to KC3 for no cost. If you wish to donate, we appreciate the donation. If you need a membership application it is available on KC3.com. We will have a card sent to you or if you have your old card we can renew the membership number. Thanks.