• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

teacher carry / florida

hammer6

So if this bill passes and florida gives teachers the ability to carry at school....i'm wondering where our state government derives this authority? they are bound by the second amendment, are they not? how can they "grant" a privilege of carrying in a SCOTUS declared "sensitive place" to a specific group of people, yet prohibit it to a law abiding citizen?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Parkland school board rejects gun law passed in wake of shooting

The Florida school district home to the Parkland school where a former student gunned down his classmates and teachers officially declined to arm school personnel despite new laws that would fund training and allow certain staff to carry guns.

https://tinyurl.com/y7usdcqf