• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trump announced he wiil ban bump-stocks by EO

georg jetson

HP995, I've seen the video. It would make more sense that if he wanted the bump stock gone, then he would've encouraged them to put it in a bill.

We should be calling our Congress people to make sure nothing but repeals make it to his desk.

HP995

COL and Georg - I get it, you're wondering hmm, where is Trump going with this?

It's not theoretical, he is already getting the real-world results. Florida now has the BS ban (interesting how that abbreviates) and the ERPO due process bypass if the governor signs it today. And in that video he praised that and encouraged others states to follow suit.

If you think this was some kind of complicated Jedi chess to protect it by talking against it, the chess just failed. One state down. You think that was just losing a pawn? He's giving other states the pep talk to follow Florida, still promising to do it by EO, and he's already talked it up to Congress once. So take Trump at his word, this is happening, he believes in it. Indeed call Congress, that always helps, but he still has the other two routes.

georg jetson

HP995, Florida's outrageous assault on the 2A has nothing to do with trump. That's on the people of Florida.

I did not edit this post.

Ok, now I'm editing this post to say that it irritates the .... out of me when I don't edit my post and yet the little note says I did.

Last edited:

HP995

Trump hangs out with FL's Pam and Rick, pushes his detailed plan to the states, and then FL just happens to pass the very same points he promoted. (Even the part Rick didn't like.) And then Trump brags about it - twice in one speech. All of Trump's points, but nothing to do with Trump?

Trump, who keeps talking about a ban with his own hand, but just to buy time and secretly protect the very item he denounces by getting things tied down in paperwork while faking out Congress? Trump who also encourages states to pass the same agenda, but doesn't really want them to, and if they do it's on them?

OK.... That's true loyalty. Loyalty of the highest order. Might be a big surprise coming. At a certain point we have to consider what's more likely, many complex and mysterious moves to conform events to a theory, or a simpler, more direct explanation that is promoted openly and proceeds according to the published plan.

Firearms Iinstuctor

DOJ issues bump stock ban

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...j-reclassifies-bump-fire-stocks-machine-guns/

In the post-Parkland hysteria, President Trump directed the Department of Justice to perform some regulatory legerdemain where bump fire stocks are concerned. The ATF had long ago passed on the stocks, deeming them perfectly legal accessories for semi-automatic rifles. Now, in a Saturday morning move apparently meant to fly under the radar

WalkingWolf

Bad news for Glock, the pistol can EASILY be bump fired with no additional hardware. It will only take a few youtube videos of Glock mag dumps before there will be trigger requirements as far as pull, and length of pull. This could also be bad for us 1911 owners.

Trump has betrayed us, I was behind him fully until he went off the rails with gun control. I admit I was hoodwinked. Rand Paul/Ted Cruz 2020! Maybe Pence will bail, and challenge Trump, he did not seem happy with his statements about future gun control.

NRA should sue Trump for breach of contract.

Last edited:

MontanaResident

Trump has betrayed us,

This was coming and seen by many.

Many saw him for what he was before he even won the nomination. He did not betray you, he is being himself; impulsive, impatient (a short attention span to hear or think out complex issues), and lacking the core principles on much of what he claimed to be in order to win the White House.

Firearms Iinstuctor

This was coming and seen by many.

Many saw him for what he was before he even won the nomination. He did not betray you, he is being himself; impulsive, impatient (a short attention span to hear or think out complex issues), and lacking the core principles on much of what he claimed to be in order to win the White House.

And Hillary would have been so much better.

WalkingWolf

And Hillary would have been so much better.

If Scalia had not died, maybe. We are about to lose more under Trump than we did under Obama. I am truly saddened by him going back on his words to support the 2A.

We would have never trusted Hillary, many of us made a mistake by trusting Trump.

Last edited:

HP995

"Trump has betrayed us, I was behind him fully until he went off the rails with gun control. I admit I was hoodwinked." +1

Me too. I love everything he did last year.

"he is being himself; impulsive" +1

He may not have any ill intent on this, from his viewpoint just looking for a quick practical solution and compromise to get it solved while shaving off some minor details. As a rich pampered and protected celeb, even with good intentions he is still CLUELESS about how normal people actually need every single word and every nuance of these Constitutional protections just to survive. And for this nation to survive. I still don't completely get it - his instincts on America are usually pretty good. This is like a short circuit or a hidden defect.

But he judged the gun community response expertly and knew we would be divided over some of his proposals, keeping tentative support higher and protest lower.

And he doesn't seem to have gotten any meaningful amount of protest yet. Those of us who are sending messages must be a small minority and just not hitting the numbers to get a memo onto his desk. Somehow we need to get heard - just getting disgusted won't do nearly as much good as actually changing his direction would. This is existential. If Trump and the GOP create some holes in our rights, then whenever the Dems gain control they will use those holes to pry our rights completely apart. Goodbye 2A.

So, for those of us who are awake and care about this - keep contacting Trump, the WH, the Trump 2020 campaign, the GOP/RNC, your Sens/Reps, your state people, and the NRA/GOA/etc. Gotta be heard, urgently.

georg jetson

This article reminds me of all the bs "gun scare" articles circulated by email after the 2008 election. I miss the obvious sometimes... was there a source cited?

HP995

Source? Like one of those "NRA terrorists blackmail Congress to keep supplying hate groups with fully semi automatic assault weapons spraying lethal full jacketed bullets at your kids" type articles written by knowledgeable and impartial journalists and cited on Wikipedia to show that their info is always correct? Well, lets see... on bump stocks this story is covered by NPR and CNBC if you're liberal, GOA if you're a 2A supporter, Infowars if you need info presented in a raspy voice, and various others including Trump himself. You could call any of those a "source" and I won't post them all since we've already got a link to one and it links another, but they all got it from Jeff's official web page at the DOJ so that's what I recommend since it's the true original source of this news item. See the Press Releases section.

echofiveniner

At this point Trump has seemingly enacted more gun control than Obama ever did. Where is the NRA? Off cow tailing to the Republican party. GOA or Go Home. What exactly is a bump stock ban going to do? Nothinnnnnnnnng, but at least the useful idiots will be happy I guess.

MontanaResident

What exactly is a bump stock ban going to do? Nothinnnnnnnnng, but at least the useful idiots will be happy I guess.

UR right about this solves nothing, but it is the first of what could be many. If Trump feels no backlash, he will continue to take away 2nd Amend rights. He is a business/trade president. Everything else is impulse and gut calculations. What kinda 2nd Amend guy could he be living in Trump tower in the heart of NY city, and golfing in Florida?

Firearms Iinstuctor

At this point Trump has seemingly enacted more gun control than Obama ever did. Where is the NRA? Off cow tailing to the Republican party. GOA or Go Home. What exactly is a bump stock ban going to do? Nothinnnnnnnnng, but at least the useful idiots will be happy I guess.

Nothing has been enacted yet proposed yes enacted no.

The devil is in the details.

WalkingWolf

Nothing has been enacted yet proposed yes enacted no.

The devil is in the details.

Yes it has, he encouraged the states to make bills to infringe on the 2A, and Florida DID, with his blessing.

Politicians do not like the unwashed masses to have access to firearms, both left, and right. All they needed to go ahead, and abandon their base was his blessing.

georg jetson

HP995, I appreciate the way you agree I may have missed the obvious. There’s nothing wrong with some healthy sarcasm. BTW – I took your advice and did go to Mr. Session’s webpage to read the actual press release. Have you?

I'm editing this post to indicate that I have no idea why it displays a frown emoji. This forum is operating... a bit weird.

Last edited:

georg jetson

This is what I mean by "forum operating weird". This post refers to "cow tailing" which means following a cow clandestinely. The OP certainly typed "kowtow".

Last edited:

HP995

Sorry about the sarcasm. Jetsons was my favorite show at one time. I did read and do recommend Jeff's original version of the bump stock news.