• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohioan in Virginia Moving to Georgia

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Good morning all! Some of you may have seen me active in the Virginia forum for years, particularly in the Lynchburg area. Due to a company layoff in November I had to find a new job and I managed to find one in the Augusta area. As a result, I will soon be in Georgia getting to know your state and your people. I look forward to becoming active with your firearms and self defense organizations and open carrying as much as I can, as I do already here. I hope to meet you soon!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good morning all! Some of you may have seen me active in the Virginia forum for years, particularly in the Lynchburg area. Due to a company layoff in November I had to find a new job and I managed to find one in the Augusta area. As a result, I will soon be in Georgia getting to know your state and your people. I look forward to becoming active with your firearms and self defense organizations and open carrying as much as I can, as I do already here. I hope to meet you soon!
Gonna miss you....a lot.

Best wishes on getting settled in and active in Georgia.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Open Carry is legal in Georgia but you must have a valid Carry Permit/License to Open Carry.

Georgia Constitution:
Article I, Section I, Paragraph VIII. Arms, right to keep and bear. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, but the General Assembly shall have power to prescribe the manner in which arms may be borne.

Based on the Georgia constitution the general assembly has to choose between open carry or conceal carry as being the right. If a license is required to open and conceal carry then the law is unconstitutional.

Of course, I’m sure the Georgia supreme court says otherwise.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Gonna miss you....a lot.

Best wishes on getting settled in and active in Georgia.

I'll miss you too, Grapeshot! As much as I can though, I'll be on here reporting my OC experiences and providing any useful inputs for folk in GA and VA just the same. We were off in Ohio spending time with family that will now be even further away, on the day of Lobby Day, so we missed seeing you and others then. Hopefully our paths will cross again though!

It'll be good to be employed again though!

solus

congrats on your apparent rapid recovery from the dreaded organizational layoff and best of luck in the peach state.

best and keep in touch via the forum...