• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Darkest Hour - Winston Churchill

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As I had no interest in watching the football game, went to see Darkest Hour in stealthy mode. There were only 5 people total in the whole theater.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hyped up cinematic offering. It covered a lot of ground, but little to no detail as to the results. Ample opportunity for action scenes and heightened drama, but instead a void that was wrapped up with sign/title boards as the credits started to roll.

No mention was made of Radar (RAdio Detection And Ranging) and how this played into the scheme of things.
https://www.wired.com/2008/02/dayintech-0226/

Sir Winston is one of my heroes, but this movie doesn't do him justice.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I found it to be an outstanding portrayal of Churchill's uncertain rise from his badly damaged reputation to that of Britain's relentless lion, and Gary Oldman's acting was absolutely supurb.

This was never meant to be an action-adventure flick. There are other film genres, you know. :)