• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shutdown & NICS activities

solus

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/20/politics/what-next-government-shutdown/index.html
The shutdown will also affect the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, meaning if you wanted a gun permit, you'll have to wait until the shutdown is over. unquote

please note i did not use the term “permits” the quoted article did...

flashback 13 Oct 2013 second week into three week shutdown.: quote
There has been no indication that the government shutdown is affecting the FBI’s NICS section. This is most likely due to the fact that a “hold” or “delay” will trigger a “proceed” or approval if no action is taken by the government after five days.

The government shutdown has been directly impacting the issuing of federal tax stamps for NFA items as all but 2 of the ATF’s examiners were furloughed on October 1, 2013. When calling to find out the status of a tax stamp, the phones at the NFA branch were answered, but the operator stated that they could not give any information regarding status. unquote

https://orchidadvisors.com/firearms-compliance-and-the-government-shutdown/

Last edited:

CJ4wd

The shutdown is over

Or so it appears. Chuck U. Schumer met with the WH this morning and some kind of agreement was reached so that C.U.S. called off his filibuster.
I have not yet heard WHAT that agreement may be but Rush was crowing how C.U.S. "folded" without getting what he wanted towards D.A.C.A. Rush continued commenting how the "Dims", by siding with illegal aliens and not U.S. troops and citizens have shown their bias and will be unable to claim any participation in the economic growth coming because of their anti-American stance.
We will see.
:banana: