• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

February Concealed & Open Carry Meetup Scheduled

LouKYccguy

Concealed and Open Carry Welcome To Attend.

Meet, Greet & Eat. It's our monthly get together - 2nd one - for the Concealed Carry Louisville group. At the last meeting we decided to have a dinner meeting just to get to know attendees better and talk about interests in Concealed & Open Carry for folks in the Louisville KY area. So this month we are meeting for dinner at the Tumbleweed on Outer Loop. Meeting is Thursday February 15 at 6 pm and will run till we are all talked out. I have talked with the GM and no problem with guns. http://tumbleweedrestaurants.com/pdf/2017_To-Go_Menu.pdfWe probably will talk about proposed legislation in the General Assembly, and bills are being added almost on a daily basis. Some good, some horrible. I am sure that Stephen will be able to keep us apprised of how things are going in the GA.

I am looking around for a 2nd Amendment attorney who might want to come out and talk to us briefly that evening. Will post more on this as things develop. Both Concealed and Open Carry at this meeting. Your victuals are on your own. You can see the menu for Tumbleweed on their website. The room comes with a $150 minimum food purchase, but I expect with the number of people we have eating dinner that will be met. If the number of people who register is low we may change meeting place. I don't expect that to happen.

Register here: https://www.meetup.com/Concealed-Carry-Louisville/events/wvxcgpyxdbtb/

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

gutshot II

Concealed and Open Carry Welcome To Attend.

Meet, Greet & Eat. It's our monthly get together - 2nd one - for the Concealed Carry Louisville group. At the last meeting we decided to have a dinner meeting just to get to know attendees better and talk about interests in Concealed & Open Carry for folks in the Louisville KY area. So this month we are meeting for dinner at the Tumbleweed on Outer Loop. Meeting is Thursday February 15 at 6 pm and will run till we are all talked out. I have talked with the GM and no problem with guns. http://tumbleweedrestaurants.com/pdf/2017_To-Go_Menu.pdfWe probably will talk about proposed legislation in the General Assembly, and bills are being added almost on a daily basis. Some good, some horrible. I am sure that Stephen will be able to keep us apprised of how things are going in the GA.

I am looking around for a 2nd Amendment attorney who might want to come out and talk to us briefly that evening. Will post more on this as things develop. Both Concealed and Open Carry at this meeting. Your victuals are on your own. You can see the menu for Tumbleweed on their website. The room comes with a $150 minimum food purchase, but I expect with the number of people we have eating dinner that will be met. If the number of people who register is low we may change meeting place. I don't expect that to happen.

Register here: https://www.meetup.com/Concealed-Carry-Louisville/events/wvxcgpyxdbtb/

Richard

I'm in. It will be interesting to see how many of those that whined and cried about not being able to carry at the last one will actually show up for this one, where they can carry. Maybe it wasn't about carry at all. Maybe it was about watching TV that night. Maybe their wife wouldn't let them go out. Maybe it was too cold. Maybe it was just too much trouble. Maybe it was just about whining and crying.

gutshot II

I just want to remind everyone that the second monthly meeting of the Louisville Concealed Carry Group is next Thursday, Feb. 15 at 6:00 pm. It will be held at the Tumbleweed on the Outer Loop, in Okalona. We are supposed to have a room to ourselves. The first meeting was great and everybody enjoyed themselves and we all learned some things. Everybody is invited. Carry is welcomed, open or concealed. Richard Meadows is supposed to have some interesting things to hear about and discuss. You can order from the Tumbleweed menu. I hope to see many of you there. Remember, next Wednesday, 6:00 pm at Tumbleweed.

Last edited:

gutshot II

This meeting is tomorrow night at 6:00 pm. It will be held at the Tumbleweed on the Outer Loop, in Okalona. Open or concealed carry is welcome.

gutshot II

Last night was the 5th monthly meeting of this group and each month the numbers have increased. The "facilitator" has arranged very good speakers for each meeting. I have enjoyed hearing what each of them had to say. Last night's speaker was a LMPD officer. She answered a lot of questions about LMPD policy in dealing with armed citizens as well as her perceptions of the atitude of the rank and file concerning armed individuals. She was very open and forthcoming.

The June meeting is tentatively scheduled for June 20th at a location to be determined later. So far, we have met at Tumbleweed in Okalona, Golden Corral in Hikes Point, Oskars on Poplar Level Rd. and Point Blank Gun Range in Middletown. Last night's meeting was a repeat at Tumbleweed. They try to pick places where we can meet in a private room, so we can talk amongst ourselves and know exactly who is in the group and who is not. It has really been a good experience and I have enjoyed every meeting. I recommed it to anyone who likes to talk about guns with other people that like guns. There are several women that attend the meetings. Just sayin'.