Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC8) to meet with WH staff to push Nat値 CC Reciprocity

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXOC16 View Post
    As I quite clearly illustrated and cited a number of laws in a previous response, it absolutely and most certainly does exactly that which you claim it does not.
    A lot of talk. Please answer my question; where in this proposed law would it protect a conceal carry licensee walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    A lot of talk. Please answer my question; where in this proposed law would it protect a conceal carry licensee walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?
    False premise. The 2A does not protect any citizen while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago. Cite the provision in the proposed legislation that you believe does not apply to Illinois et al. Not a challenge. I, obviously, read the legislation differently.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    False premise. The 2A does not protect any citizen while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago. Cite the provision in the proposed legislation that you believe does not apply to Illinois et al. Not a challenge. I, obviously, read the legislation differently.
    Not a false premise at all. You are not answering the question. Again, please answer my question; where in this proposed law would it protect a conceal carry licensee walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago? In other words, if the law passes, will a person that has a conceal carry license be legally allowed to conceal carry their concealed handgun while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?
    The answer to the question is either yes or no.

The why I read it I cannot conceal carry in Illinois and other places.

Please tell me what this bill will allow me to do that I can't do now? I cannot carry in Illinois now. Will this bill let me carry in Illinois?

Tell us where in the bill it says you are afforded the right to conceal carry under your state license in those anti-gun states such as Illinois.

The federal law if passed doesn't afford any person any privilege in carrying in Illinois.

I have not been shown one hypothetical situation where this law would protect an Ohioan to conceal carry while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago.

Please answer my question; where in this proposed law would it protect a conceal carry licensee walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?

In other words, if the law passes, will a person that has a conceal carry license be legally allowed to conceal carry their concealed handgun while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?
    The response to all of the above (and, yes, using words, since that's how we generally communicate in the written/spoken form) is, once again, if an individual who possesses an in-state license/permit is allowed to conceal-carry in a particular area within that individual's state of residence, then an out-of-state license/permit holder would be allowed to do the same. That's how the bill is written, that's what the bill says, and that's what the bill intends---period. If you actually believe otherwise, please provide one shred of factual evidence to the contrary.

The pertinent part of the U.S. House bill that has passed the House and has been forwarded to the Senate has already been cited, as have the applicable statutes of Illinois. You may disagree with any or all of it, but you cannot continue to refer to "white" as "black" and "up" as "down" as it is impossible to have a reasonable discussion with someone who may be incapable of reasoning.

So, in light of the above, and in one final effort to get you your own desired yes-or-no answer, the real question then is, can a properly licensed/permitted Illinois resident currently "legally...conceal carry their concealed handgun while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?" Yes or no? There, you should now have your answer.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by TXOC16 View Post
    The response to all of the above (and, yes, using words, since that's how we generally communicate in the written/spoken form) is, once again, if an individual who possesses an in-state license/permit is allowed to conceal-carry in a particular area within that individual's state of residence, then an out-of-state license/permit holder would be allowed to do the same. That's how the bill is written, that's what the bill says, and that's what the bill intends---period. If you actually believe otherwise, please provide one shred of factual evidence to the contrary.

The pertinent part of the U.S. House bill that has passed the House and has been forwarded to the Senate has already been cited, as have the applicable statutes of Illinois. You may disagree with any or all of it, but you cannot continue to refer to "white" as "black" and "up" as "down" as it is impossible to have a reasonable discussion with someone who may be incapable of reasoning.

So, in light of the above, and in one final effort to get you your own desired yes-or-no answer, the real question then is, can a properly licensed/permitted Illinois resident currently "legally...conceal carry their concealed handgun while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?" Yes or no? There, you should now have your answer.
    You would make a great politician. You refuse to answer the question, in other words you bloviated. I asked a simple question that only required a yes or no answer. I did not get that. And I bet I never will.......I'm just say'n.

You would make a great politician. You refuse to answer the question, in other words you bloviated. I asked a simple question that only required a yes or no answer. I did not get that. And I bet I never will.......I'm just say'n.
    i mean, they are answering the question.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

You've received your answer many times over throughout this thread, yet you continue to maintain that words don't mean what they do, that the NR bill doesn't do what what it does, and that your question hasn't been answered when it has. In fact, your responses have mostly been so devoid of logic and reason that it would be quite easy for the uninitiated to interpret them as deliberate attempts at trolling, which I'm sure they are not, right?

That said, your responses do nearly perfect illustrate the adage that, "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you," so they have not been without at least a modicum of value.

Just sayin'...

Oh, and why do you refuse to answer my question?
    Last edited by TXOC16; Yesterday at 09:29 PM.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

...if the law passes, will a person that has a conceal carry license be legally allowed to conceal carry their concealed handgun while walking down Michigan ave. in downtown Chicago?
    The answer to the question is either yes or no.
    Yes, a licensed citizen will (Should? It is Illinois after all, and Chicago to boot.) not be subject to arrest or prosecution under the proposed federal legislation.

Nice dodge, by the way. hammer6 certainly has your number.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345