• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NICS denial letter

Right2Carry.

I have a situation in which a local judge is ordering me to provide keys to a gun safe. The keys are to be provided to a person who is not eligible to purchase or redeem a firearm. This person has already been negligent with a weapon in the past so I am very concerned. There has to be some Federal law that protects me. Little money enough to protect myself locally and I do not want the FBI coming after me. Any suggestions?

FreedomLover

I have a situation in which a local judge is ordering me to provide keys to a gun safe. The keys are to be provided to a person who is not eligible to purchase or redeem a firearm. This person has already been negligent with a weapon in the past so I am very concerned. There has to be some Federal law that protects me. Little money enough to protect myself locally and I do not want the FBI coming after me. Any suggestions?

Attorney is your best friend. YOU can't afford to not have one!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Attorney is your best friend. YOU can't afford to not have one!
Attorneys are not your best friend. An attorney is a licensed person that you hire to do your bidding. Like all contract employees you must keep a short leash on that person and direct his every move. If you don't he/she has no problem selling you down the river. Attorneys are in business to make money, period. He also belongs to a club that you are not a member. In other words, you are the odd man out.

There are few exceptions.

P/S The OP has failed to provide enough info. Leaving out important info will always burn you.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

trolling2-patford.jpg

solus

OP, as CoL stated, your background info is quite opaque coupled with the fact you are suggesting a 'local' judge (magistrate?) is alleging trying to violate federal law.

1. why are you now being judicially ordered to be prohibited from being around firearms ~ domestic violence situation?
2. why is the new 'key master' ineligible to be around firearms? LE interactions? judicial convictions? being 'discharged under honorable conditions', and not 'honorably'?
3. define your understanding of 'redeem' a firearm? who pawned it and why was it pawned?
4. define your understanding of 'negligent with a weapon'? is there a LE record? was the individual convicted?
5. why would the FBI seek you out?
6. define your meaning of 'protect myself locally'? DV retaliation?

BTW what type of firearm are you actually talking about, NAF? NAF accessories? or run of the mill rifles, shotguns, handguns?

finally, "west" could be SC, IL, TX, UT anywhere so if we had a state to allow us to examine your statutes against the information being sought might allow members of this public form to discern whom to contact or provide you some guidance.

cheers

btw, a minor comment in passing, how is joeS and gladys and the rest of the gang doing ~ still riding your scoots?

dontcha just hate it when you forget your password and reincarnate yourself using a period?

Last edited:

solus

Right2Carry (Hooper, Utah), maybe utbagpiper could help you out. Oh gosh I'm sorry, forget I ever said that.

charles, utbagpiper, piper is incognito here on OCDO and known as bagpiper on utah cc forum...maybe he should just check on that site as they might get a faster response.