Thread: Good news for Cliven Bundy, etc.

Good news for Cliven Bundy, etc.

Not only did this judge dismiss all charges against Cliven Bundy, she did it with "extreme prejudice". That means it is OVER.
    The prosecution can NOT re-try Bundy !

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-dro...195245607.html

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/01/05...kly+Newsletter

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/01/09/cliven-bundy-case/
    Last edited by JTHunter2; 01-11-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - Oliver Wendell Holmes

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter2 View Post
    Not only did this judge dismiss all charges against Cliven Bundy, she did it with "extreme prejudice". That means it is OVER.
    The prosecution can NOT re-try Bundy !
    Thanks for the links.

This ends the current injustices against the Bundy family. But it certainly doesn't right them.

These men's rights have been violated. We've learned from the previously withheld exculpatory evidence that the BLM engaged in needless, unprovoked escalation by bringing in grossly excessive force (armored cars, positioned snipers, killed cattle summarily) before any armed supporters showed up and when their own analyses said Bundy wasn't likely to get violent. Turns out their analysis was correct: I don't recall Bundy getting violent at any point in the last 2+ years. The prosecutor deliberately withheld exculpatory evidence denying rights to due process.

One might hope to have responsible parties prosecuted.

Winning a civil suit is probably the best Bundys can hope for.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Thanks for the links.

This ends the current injustices against the Bundy family. But it certainly doesn't right them.

These men's rights have been violated. We've learned from the previously withheld exculpatory evidence that the BLM engaged in needless, unprovoked escalation by bringing in grossly excessive force (armored cars, positioned snipers, killed cattle summarily) before any armed supporters showed up and when their own analyses said Bundy wasn't likely to get violent. Turns out their analysis was correct: I don't recall Bundy getting violent at any point in the last 2+ years. The prosecutor deliberately withheld exculpatory evidence denying rights to due process.

One might hope to have responsible parties prosecuted.

Winning a civil suit is probably the best Bundys can hope for.
    qualified immunity applies...as stated in the original thread where you proclaimed this sentiment before!
    "He who pays the piper calls the tunes..."

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    qualified immunity applies...as stated in the original thread where you proclaimed this sentiment before!
    So why are you restating it here if you have such problems with someone else sharing their views in two different threads?

If the mods want to merge threads they will. If they don't, what concern is it of yours?

Are you one of those left lane vigilantes who parks in the passing lane doing 5 under the posted limit to make sure nobody speeds?
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.