• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HELP with Smith & Wesson 460 XVR Magnum

Cava3r4

I live in the Phoenix metro and have contacted shooters world (both locations) caswells in Mesa, and Scottsdale Gun Club and nobody has a 460 revolver to rent.
I'd like to shoot one to see if my hand can handle it before I buy one.
Anybody here care to go shooting.
I'll pay you or you can shoot some of my stuff.
thanks
Bob

MontanaResident

FWIW, I traded an Alaskan 44Mag for a S&W500, because it was a good deal. I thought it would be way to powerful, and that maybe I'd flip the 500 for a Weatherby rifle or something. Turns out the 500 is easier to shoot then the 44. It has a compensator and an 8 3/8" barrel, vs the 2.5" barrel of the Alaskan. I concluded if the gun is heavy, then you will not find the revolver to be overly powerful, and with a compensator even better.