• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Jerseystan News: Frenchtown NJ Police Arrest 60 years old Florida Grandmother

Bluegrass2A

Warning this one will anger you. Frenchtown NJ police are an embrasskment to law enforcement with this non-sense traffic stop then making Grandma a felon over what would be a "Mamm your Florida permit is not honored here. So lock it up in the trunk for me, don't do this again, have a nice day." anywhere else.

NJ.com
Woman arrested after cops find loaded handgun in her purse

This poor woman should of known better, but she may be royally screwed and facing several years in prison. Remember Governor Christie is gone in a few weeks. Given the statements of the very anti-gun incoming Governor, a pardon from his office may be tough to come by minus some serious public outcry.

Please read this lady's story below, consider donating, and help spread the story as she's going to need a lot of help with this crazy mess. This nice lady could be your Mother, Aunt, or Grandmother.

GoFundMe: Donna Marie Gracey
https://www.gofundme.com/donna-gracey-nj-weapon-defence/

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkingWolf

I believe pardons are available ONLY to convicts.

I guess it would depend on the state constitution, but remember Nixon was pardoned. A pardon can only be given for past crimes, cannot be granted for the future though.

It would seem the process is through the parole board which means a conviction would be necessary. So far I find nothing that says he cannot pardon without going through the board.

Last edited:

solus

Why is it there is absolutely nothing, NADA, about this allegedly three day olde incident except a small blurb on nj dot com ~ oh ya all the internet gun sites have jumped on the bandwagon reporting the incident as if it were the second coming!

Not any other NJ news media mentioned this incident which is, IMHO, odd considering the political fervor the Governor endured over these issues in the recent past.