• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in State College area

McLintock

I’m in the State College area for a few days, how is the LEO with OC and the state laws. I am from Wisconsin and do have a CCW. So looking for ya’ll advice. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

knight0334

State College is a liberal bastion surrounded by Kentucky. LEO's may likely be called out because some nitwit called in a "man with a gun". But if they follow the letter of the law they will observe and move on. Possibly at most make contact to make sure you're not up to anything.

Wstar425

It would appear to me that he is asking about State College, Pennsylvania. Maybe I’m missing something? While I have been there many years ago, I know nothing of their OC position. I am normally less comfortable open carrying while outside of the boundaries of my home state.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It would appear to me that he is asking about State College, Pennsylvania. Maybe I’m missing something? While I have been there many years ago, I know nothing of their OC position. I am normally less comfortable open carrying while outside of the boundaries of my home state.
PENNSYLVANIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE I - SECTION 1 - All men are born equally free and independent, and have certain inherent and indefeasible rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing and protecting property and reputation, and of pursuing their own happiness.

ARTICLE I - SECTION 21 - The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

So, what part says the Commonwealth has authority to regulate the bearing of arms in the public??????? It doesn't. As a matter of fact it says the Commonwealth has no power to regulate.

Are you still missing something.;)

Wstar425

PENNSYLVANIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE I - SECTION 1 - All men are born equally free and independent, and have certain inherent and indefeasible rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing and protecting property and reputation, and of pursuing their own happiness.

ARTICLE I - SECTION 21 - The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

So, what part says the Commonwealth has authority to regulate the bearing of arms in the public??????? It doesn't. As a matter of fact it says the Commonwealth has no power to regulate.

Are you still missing something.;)

Yeah, I guess I am. I’m missing why someone would think a post in the Pennsylvania sub forum was about a city in Kentucky?

Maybe you are the one missing something? Like my point.

Wstar425

I took “Kentucky” to be a disparaging simile, to be surrounded with ones like bumpkin hillbillies.

There is much progressive disparagement of vulgar conservatism in political discourse recently, calling us hillbillies, bumpkins, and deplorables most notably.

BTB it is good to see you here again. Happy New Year. God Jul

Thanks. That crossed my mind since that "comment" came from a poster a mere 200 some miles from State College, PA.

I'm not quite sure what in my earlier post seemed to deserve a lesson on the PA Constitution, but there it is. OP question seemed to me to reflect some on real life, not necessarily the written law.

Kind of why I was gone for a while.............I check in from time to time, but find the value lacking mostly.

Last edited:

McLintock

Thanks guys, was in downtown today but as it was cold today I had on my big winter coat I CC. I was
Hoping it would be a little warmer. If we come back in summer time I will OC

McLintock

At home in Wisconsin in the winter I have a drop-down leg holster I wear out over
my snow pants. Most the time to go out to do chores in the morning I do not carry, as my dog follows me everywhere I go and when it is -30 out I get it done quick, but most other times I do

knight0334

Yeah, I guess I am. I’m missing why someone would think a post in the Pennsylvania sub forum was about a city in Kentucky?

Maybe you are the one missing something? Like my point.

I took “Kentucky” to be a disparaging simile, to be surrounded with ones like bumpkin hillbillies.

There is much progressive disparagement of vulgar conservatism in political discourse recently, calling us hillbillies, bumpkins, and deplorables most notably.

BTB it is good to see you here again. Happy New Year. God Jul

My remark about "Kentucky" was not disparaging. It is simple fact. Rural PA shares more in common with Kentucky than it does any urban areas.

There is an old saying about PA. "You have Philly on the East, Pittsburgh on the West, and Alabama in between."