• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR Governor tells ASP that "Open carry is legal in AR"

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Arkansas Constitution
Article 2 - § 5. Right to bear arms.
The citizens of this State shall have the right to keep and bear arms, for their common defense.

I can't find, reading between the lines, anywhere in this section that gives the legislators the authority to regulate the carrying of firearms. How does the court say they can?

The Governor has been silent all this time on legal open carry and the bulling of open carriers by the ASP but now he has Opposition by Jan Morgan which is a second amendment supporter extraordinaire. He is getting a little worried.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The Governor has been silent all this time on legal open carry and the bulling of open carriers by the ASP but now he has Opposition by Jan Morgan which is a second amendment supporter extraordinaire. He is getting a little worried.

So the law/letter is not about the People it is all about him having "opposition"?

So the law/letter is not about the People it is all about him having "opposition"?

I don't think that if Jan Morgan wasn't going to run against him he would have never sent the letter. I can't vote for her because I live 2 miles north of the state line. I would vote for her 5 times if I could.

F350

I don't think that if Jan Morgan wasn't going to run against him he would have never sent the letter. I can't vote for her because I live 2 miles north of the state line. I would vote for her 5 times if I could.

Go ahead......... Vote like a Dem-o-crap; early often and in what ever state you want.

KBCraig

I know that lots of Arkansas voters are thinking with their small heads when it comes to Jan Morgan, but she's not a good person. If she was running in California or New York, she would be sporting a P*ssy Hat instead of open-carrying a pistol. Her self-aggrandizing style makes Trump look like Calvin Coolidge.

She was a mediocre newscaster in Shreveport, then she launched a scam laser cosmetology service (which failed), then she popped up on the radar by banning Muslims from her gun range. Pretty much everything about her is fake, starting with her face.

Last edited: