Thread: AR Governor tells ASP that "Open carry is legal in AR"

AR Governor tells ASP that "Open carry is legal in AR"

Now we shall see if the ASP thumbs its nose at the Governor.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news...nsas/890411584

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Now we shall see if the ASP thumbs its nose at the Governor.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news...nsas/890411584
    Arkansas Constitution
    Article 2 - § 5. Right to bear arms.
    The citizens of this State shall have the right to keep and bear arms, for their common defense.

I can't find, reading between the lines, anywhere in this section that gives the legislators the authority to regulate the carrying of firearms. How does the court say they can?

The Governor has been silent all this time on legal open carry and the bulling of open carriers by the ASP but now he has Opposition by Jan Morgan which is a second amendment supporter extraordinaire. He is getting a little worried.

The Governor has been silent all this time on legal open carry and the bulling of open carriers by the ASP but now he has Opposition by Jan Morgan which is a second amendment supporter extraordinaire. He is getting a little worried.
    So the law/letter is not about the People it is all about him having "opposition"?

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    So the law/letter is not about the People it is all about him having "opposition"?
    I don't think that if Jan Morgan wasn't going to run against him he would have never sent the letter. I can't vote for her because I live 2 miles north of the state line. I would vote for her 5 times if I could.

Residency “concerns” do not inhibit “voters” in Cooke County Illinois.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I don't think that if Jan Morgan wasn't going to run against him he would have never sent the letter. I can't vote for her because I live 2 miles north of the state line. I would vote for her 5 times if I could.
    Go ahead......... Vote like a Dem-o-crap; early often and in what ever state you want.

I can't vote for her because I live 2 miles north of the state line. I would vote for her 5 times if I could.
    Move south and live with a buddy for a few weeks come election time.

Nemo

I know that lots of Arkansas voters are thinking with their small heads when it comes to Jan Morgan, but she's not a good person. If she was running in California or New York, she would be sporting a P*ssy Hat instead of open-carrying a pistol. Her self-aggrandizing style makes Trump look like Calvin Coolidge.

She was a mediocre newscaster in Shreveport, then she launched a scam laser cosmetology service (which failed), then she popped up on the radar by banning Muslims from her gun range. Pretty much everything about her is fake, starting with her face.
    Last edited by KBCraig; 01-05-2018 at 10:40 PM.