• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky lawmaker who was accused of molesting a teenage girl likely killed himself

gutshot II

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. The mob rule that has taken over this country is dangerous. I guess that we all will be accused of something before long. It has reached the point where I am starting to question whether anything is true anymore. I was OC when I read about this tonight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/12/13/kentucky-lawmaker-who-was-accused-of-molesting-a-teenage-girl-likely-killed-himself-coroner-says/?utm_term=.3b73882326c9

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/rep-dan-johnson-commits-suicide-on-bridge-in-mt-washington

solus

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. The mob rule that has taken over this country is dangerous. I guess that we all will be accused of something before long. It has reached the point where I am starting to question whether anything is true anymore. I was OC when I read about this tonight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-himself-coroner-says/?utm_term=.3b73882326c9

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/rep-dan-johnson-commits-suicide-on-bridge-in-mt-washington

sorry, gutshot, there was no mob who made this individual write and post their disjointed statement on social media, nor did a mob drive the individual out to the bridge, nor did a mob put the firearm into the individual’s hand, and the mob did not force the individual’s finger to pull the trigger, thus ending his life by suicide...

use of ambiguity of term such as ‘likely killed’ or ‘ probable suicide’ to mitigate their personal actions is incorrect, no sorry, let’s flat out unequivocally state this individual committed the most selfish act they could and committed suicide ~ that is the reality of this individual’s actions caused by their own hand not committed by a mob!

being accused of real or perceived misconduct by individuals has been going on for eons, so the practice is nothing new, this indivdual is not the first, nor the last to take the coward’s way out, and to falsely blame ‘the mob’ or unnamed others like you have exacerbates and propagates the newspeek myths as truth!

perhaps, just perhaps, the newspeek media should be held accountable and return to validating and investigating their storyline to ensure they get the facts before rushing to publish their sensational byline to enhance their profit center.

added: the reported actions of this individual seem show a bit about his stability http://www.wdrb.com/story/33281914/...gies-for-shocking-images-on-his-facebook-page

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

It has become that the accusation is as damaging as being convicted of crime.

There is a reason that most crimes have a statue of limitations.

Before the computer age one had a chance of surviving a accusation that proved to be false.

As it took actual effort more then a few clicks of a mouse and key board to find it out.

Now days no matter where you go someone can find out.

Even with warnings that unless a person is convicted he is presumed to be innocent does not carry weight with the average person reading the information.

A lot of people are just one accusation away from having their life ruined, destroyed without ever being charged let alone convicted of a crime.

gutshot II

It has become that the accusation is as damaging as being convicted of crime.

There is a reason that most crimes have a statue of limitations.

Before the computer age one had a chance of surviving a accusation that proved to be false.

As it took actual effort more then a few clicks of a mouse and key board to find it out.

Now days no matter where you go someone can find out.

Even with warnings that unless a person is convicted he is presumed to be innocent does not carry weight with the average person reading the information.

A lot of people are just one accusation away from having their life ruined, destroyed without ever being charged let alone convicted of a crime.

Yes, you are right and it can happen to any of us, no matter how righteous your life has been. Which of us has not made mistakes in our lives? Are we not allowed to change our behaviors and attempt to live a good life? Many of these things, if true, are not even crimes, just indiscretions. Are men no longer welcome to embrace there female loved ones, without risking accusations of "groping". Is it necessary to drive a person to suicide, just for political revenge? I certainly could never run for public office. Too many "offenses" in my past. What kind of candidates do we have left who are willing to face the "mob" mentality? I am not sure I want that type of person representing me. A person that has never made a mistake and learned from that mistake? A person that has never reached out to touched a hot stove and felt the burn? A person that has never taken a risk and risked too much? A person whoes life is so empty that it does not contain a mistake? No thank you. Not my candidate.

solus

Yes, you are right and it can happen to any of us, no matter how righteous your life has been. Which of us has not made mistakes in our lives? Are we not allowed to change our behaviors and attempt to live a good life? Many of these things, if true, are not even crimes, just indiscretions. Are men no longer welcome to embrace there female loved ones, without risking accusations of "groping". Is it necessary to drive a person to suicide, just for political revenge? I certainly could never run for public office. Too many "offenses" in my past. What kind of candidates do we have left who are willing to face the "mob" mentality? I am not sure I want that type of person representing me. A person that has never made a mistake and learned from that mistake? A person that has never reached out to touched a hot stove and felt the burn? A person that has never taken a risk and risked too much? A person whoes (sic) life is so empty that it does not contain a mistake? No thank you. Not my candidate.

Gutshot, there is a significant difference of 'embracing' our loved ones and egregious behaviour towards any female, let alone a young woman, where he allegedly, quote: ...then slipped his hands up her shirt and bra. The report said he groped her, stuck his tongue in her mouth and put his fingers in her vagina. unquote.

as for political revenge causing this individual to take his own life...do not even begin to equate a casual relationship between the two...political revenge doesn't encompass, quote: But the seven-month investigation, comprised of more than 100 interviews and thousands of pages of public records, alleges the Republican’s persona is orchestrated to mask troubling incidents — including sexual abuse, arson and false testimony. unquote.

you are right, we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them to the betterment of the community, but to personify this individual as a good guy, who now appears was incorrigible and apparently truly believed, due to his perception of his position in life, was above the morals of the community. That he took the cowardly way out to avoid any type of accountability for his past behaviour was his choice, pure and simple, and has absolutely nothing to do with his accusers or any form political revenge to assert it does is an injustice!

added:
quote: A grand jury indicted him for complicity to commit arson and making a false police report in 1987, according to the report, which suggests Johnson may have been linked in another arson incident 13 years later in which his own church was burned down. unquote

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

If you kept track of the latest accusations you will notice that it is now sexual assault to look at a female if she thinks you are lusting her.

Firearms Iinstuctor

added:
quote: A grand jury indicted him for complicity to commit arson and making a false police report in 1987, according to the report, which suggests Johnson may have been linked in another arson incident 13 years later in which his own church was burned down. unquote

Was he convicted if not my point is well taken.

Guilty just by being charged.

Didn't take you long to find out he was indicted, did you find out was he found Guilty or not guilty. Or did it even go to trial.

Why didn't you provide that information.

It is so easy to condemn some body by not posting a complete story.

Last edited:

solus

Was he convicted if not my point is well taken.

Guilty just by being charged.

Didn't take you long to find out he was indicted, did you find out was he found Guilty or not guilty. Or did it even go to trial.

Why didn't you provide that information.

It is so easy to condemn some body by not posting a complete story.

sorry, i just read the article cited by gutshot...however further research found the disposition of that GJury indictment was apparently found guilty, given a plea agreement and
[FONT=&quot]“pope” dan r johnson, which is what he called himself, “...included an indictment for complicity to commit arson, which was dismissed when he completed a diversion program, a bankruptcy, and a divorce.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
pope dan, also alledges, “He claims he served as White House chaplain to three presidents. A United Nations ambassador. He says he set up the morgue after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and was the pastor who gave last rites for all of those pulled from the towers.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/dan-johnson-suicide-ky-kentucky-rep-death-danny-ray-pope/

[/FONT]

gutshot II

Gutshot, there is a significant difference of 'embracing' our loved ones and egregious behaviour towards any female, let alone a young woman, where he allegedly, quote: ...then slipped his hands up her shirt and bra. The report said he groped her, stuck his tongue in her mouth and put his fingers in her vagina. unquote.

as for political revenge causing this individual to take his own life...do not even begin to equate a casual relationship between the two...political revenge doesn't encompass, quote: But the seven-month investigation, comprised of more than 100 interviews and thousands of pages of public records, alleges the Republican’s persona is orchestrated to mask troubling incidents — including sexual abuse, arson and false testimony. unquote.

you are right, we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them to the betterment of the community, but to personify this individual as a good guy, who now appears was incorrigible and apparently truly believed, due to his perception of his position in life, was above the morals of the community. That he took the cowardly way out to avoid any type of accountability for his past behaviour was his choice, pure and simple, and has absolutely nothing to do with his accusers or any form political revenge to assert it does is an injustice!

added:

Oh, here we go again and again and again with the "red herrings". I never equated the "reported" actions of Dan Johnson with anything. I just said that the world has gotten to a place where any actions can be suspect. "according to the report", "suggests", "may have been linked" These are not "facts" that would warrant labeling a person as anything.This is innuendo, and a malicious type of it. This is the type of language used by "mud slingers".

Please point out where anybody called Dan Johnson a "good guy". If somebody did that, I don't know about it. That must be an invention that sprung from your mind. Are you trying to imply that I called him a "good guy"? If so, show us all where I did that. Let me set you straight. That is just absolutely false. I didn't and couldn't. I never met the man, I never talked to the man, I don't know anything about the man. I don't know if he was a "good guy" or a "bad guy". I have never made any judgement about him one way or the other and you are being deceitful to say anything different. I don't make those kinds of judgement about people that I don't know. I have seen how you behave on this forum and have learned some things about the way you deal with truthfulness and honesty, but I have not made up my mind about Dan Johnson, yet. Are you so bereft of attention that you want to stir up these false controversaries for something to do with your life? I want nothing more to do with you, troll. You will have to find some else to feed you from now on. You go to the top of my "ignore" list.

solus

humm, let me see something...

thread title initiated by gutshot: Kentucky lawmaker who was accused of molesting a teenage girl likely killed himself

initial post by gutshot: The mob rule that has taken over this country is dangerous. I am starting to question whether anything is true anymore.

1053am post by gutshot:
1. Are we not allowed to change our behaviors and attempt to live a good life?
2. Many of these things, if true, are not even crimes, just indiscretions.
3. Are men no longer welcome to embrace there female loved ones, without risking accusations of "groping".
4. Is it necessary to drive a person to suicide, just for political revenge?

747pm post by gutshot:
1. Are you trying to imply that I called him a "good guy"?

in your 1053 am post it seems you feel the individual in question was maligned by acts that were just indiscretions; you postulated the sexual allegations raised were 'groping' which was actually digital penetration of a minor; and all devised by some conspiracy developed political revenge with the ultimate goal for the individual to take their own life so some unknown political entity can benefit.

you thought up the title and brought the subject matter to the forum insinuating the horrible mob rule was responsible some how for this individual's ultimate action; you brought the concept of mistakes made but we learn from them to lead better lives; etc.