Thread: Alien Gear Holster Company attacks open carry

Alien Gear Holster Company attacks open carry

National Gun Forum one of the vendors attacks open carry. I tried to respond but my posts were deleted. I don't use their products but I certainly would not now, and advise others to find different vendors.

http://www.nationalgunforum.com/alie...concealed.html

"There are a number of reasons why you should concealed carry as your prmary carry method. Essentially, it is the more responsible "
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The whole article without having to register on another forum.

http://aliengearholsters.com/blog/yo...rry-concealed/

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    If they are so anti-open carry then why do they sell an open carry holster?

http://aliengearholsters.com/holster...ld-20-9mm.html

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    [f they are so anti-open carry then why do they sell an open carry holster?
    $$$
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    If they are so anti-open carry then why do they sell an open carry holster?

http://aliengearholsters.com/holster...ld-20-9mm.html
    The bulk of their business is conceal carry, and they have a clear disgust for OC by their article. Like some gun rights organizations they claim that only conceal carry is responsible. I didn't write the article, THEY did. Plust the Serpa style holsters are not considered OC holsters, they are sold by most companies as conceal carry OWB. No where do they advertise the holster as for open carry.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-06-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Concealed carry makes you look like a typical victim looking for a place to happen.

All of the attempts to show that criminals have relieved an OCer of his gun have proved false.

It might happen one day, but the odds will prove to be much more favorable to the OCer.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The bulk of their business is conceal carry, and they have a clear disgust for OC by their article. Like some gun rights organizations they claim that only conceal carry is responsible. I didn't write the article, THEY did. Plust the Serpa style holsters are not considered OC holsters, they are sold by most companies as conceal carry OWB. No where do they advertise the holster as for open carry.
    Actually, although they are focused on CC they do make mention of OCing with their products, and offer level II retention:

We at Alien Gear Holsters pride ourselves in the integration of customizations into the Cloak Mod OWB holster. Our Five-Point Customization System provides each open carrier with a variety of carry options.. Continue reading at: http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-g...waistband.html

And:

Outside the waistband (OWB) holsters are the most popular open carry option for good reason: they're reliable, comfortable, adjustable and accessible. They can be carried openly or concealed within hand's reach. And when an interdisciplinary team of gun-owning craftsmen, engineers, product developers, machinists and manufacturers work together to create an OWB holster they believe in, the entire gun community benefits from bleeding edge innovation and technology. An Alien Gear OWB holster is made in America to promise a quality everyday carry method.. Continue reading at: http://aliengearholsters.com/owb-holsters.html

Even though it isn't their focus, seems silly to me to open themselves up to the shitstorm that usually follows this debate. I guess "the entire gun community" doesn't include those that choose to OC?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    No where do they advertise the holster as for open carry.
    Actually, they do. From the URL CoL posted (http://aliengearholsters.com/holster...-20-9mm.html):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AG OC Holster.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	13387
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Well then they do try to tap the OC market. Outside that they are STILL anit OC by their own article. They get no kudos from me, and I would never buy a holster from a company that disses my legal personal choices. That goes for any company, as far as I am concerned they can go procreate themselves.

They should learn that you don't poop where you do business. I do not expect my grocery store to mock my choice in food because they do not think peanuts are a proper food choice, they know better. Obvious they do not at Alien Gear.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-07-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

A large percentage of holsters can be used for one or the other.

Some do the job better then others depending on carry method.

One of the biggest factors is what one choses to wear.

Today at 4 degrees above Zero I could carry and conceal a full size AR type pistol a full set of mags for it.

No one would be the wiser.

Or I guess I could hang it by a tactical sling and carry openly on the outside of my parka.

But if I am going to do that I would just carry a carbine or rifle.

Some give things more thought then necessary.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I've visited the Alien Gear Holsters offices (Tedder Industries) in Post Falls, ID, a couple of times while OCing. Not once did I notice any negative responses to my OCing.

Alien Gear has a few different options for OCing, aside from the Cloak Mod. The new ShapeShift Modular Holster System offers both the OWB Paddle Holster & the OWN Belt Slide Holster in the starter kit. The IWB/Appendix Holster can also be OC. As part of the ShapeShift Modular Holster System, they now have the Drop Thigh Holster as well as the Molle Holster & the Backpack Holster.

An Alien Gear store front located within 3 miles of my home has had me within the store exactly 1 time in 3 yrs or so since they opened. Negative vibe from salesperson who didn't seem like he really wanted to sell anything to an OC'er. I won't be back although I do go past several times a week!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomLover View Post
    An Alien Gear store front located within 3 miles of my home has had me within the store exactly 1 time in 3 yrs or so since they opened. Negative vibe from salesperson who didn't seem like he really wanted to sell anything to an OC'er. I won't be back although I do go past several times a week!
    The only Alien Gear store front I know of is Riverman Gun Works in Couer D'Alene, & they are rolling out slowing a new affiliate program for FFLs & other interested parties.

Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    The only Alien Gear store front I know of is Riverman Gun Works in Couer D'Alene, & they are rolling out slowing a new affiliate program for FFLs & other interested parties.
    The one I was referring too is NOT that one.
    Last edited by FreedomLover; 12-12-2017 at 05:21 AM.