Thread: medical weed = no guns

medical weed = no guns

“Your medical marijuana use disqualifies you from ownership of firearms and ammunition,” read the letter signed by police chief Susan Ballard,

Thoughts?

http://www.bradenton.com/news/nation...82303.html#fmp
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    “Your medical marijuana use disqualifies you from ownership of firearms and ammunition,” read the letter signed by police chief Susan Ballard,

Thoughts?

http://www.bradenton.com/news/nation...82303.html#fmp
    first, the Honolulu PD is correct in what their letter stated regarding possession of firearms and using marijuana or any illicit substances ~ against federal statutes. (USC 922(g)(3))

(The penalty for violating this law is ten years imprisonment and/or a $250,000 fine) if convicted by court of law!

so the Honolulu police are taking it upon themselves to enforce Federal statutes? quite unusual in and of itself but remember HI’s firearm ownership statutes are quite onerous almost meeting NYC or the Windy City strictness and citizens requiring a permit to purchase and CC permits are may issue!

not sure which point the Chief is making ~ she doesn’t like the firearms in her city or is upset w/legalization and proliferation of marijuana in Honolulu?
    Last edited by solus; 12-05-2017 at 04:59 AM.
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. Delai Lama XIV

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

A rather moot point, I think. From what I've read, Hawaii doesn't issue CC "permits" to anyone - except bodyguards to celebrities, perhaps. I have relatives in Hawaii (never been there and won't be going), and they say they've never heard of anyone who wants to own a gun, much less carry one. But from other things they tell me, nearly everyone uses cannabis. Must grow there like a damned weed or something! LOL

Their choice to live there, obviously.
    Last edited by MamaLiberty; 12-05-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.