• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arby's buying BWW ?

FBrinson

It appears Arby's is buying Buffalo Wild Wings. I wonder if this will change BWW's anti-gun stance.

Arby’s is buying Buffalo Wild Wings, the chain of sports bars, for $2.9 billion.

In an all-cash deal, Arby’s is paying $157 per share for Buffalo Wild Wings, a 7% premium based on Monday’s closing price. Buffalo Wild Wings stock had been much lower before rumors about a deal with Arby’s surfaced two weeks ago.

http://wtvr.com/2017/11/28/arbys-buying-buffalo-wild-wings-for-2-9-billion/

gutshot II

Arby's buying BWW ?
It appears Arby's is buying Buffalo Wild Wings. I wonder if this will change BWW's anti-gun stance.

Arby’s is buying Buffalo Wild Wings, the chain of sports bars, for $2.9 billion.

In an all-cash deal, Arby’s is paying $157 per share for Buffalo Wild Wings, a 7% premium based on Monday’s closing price. Buffalo Wild Wings stock had been much lower before rumors about a deal with Arby’s surfaced two weeks ago.
http://wtvr.com/2017/11/28/arbys-buy...r-2-9-billion/

"Arby’s is buying sports bar chain Buffalo Wild Wings in a deal valued at $2.9 billion, the company announced Tuesday."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/36943352/arbys-buys-buffalo-wild-wings-for-almost-3-billion

Arby's is OC friendly, so it would seem only logical that Buffalo Wild Wings will become so also.

Yeah, well maybe, but maybe not. The news stories you quoted are not quite accurate. Arby's isn't buying anything. Roark Capital Group (which owns several different companies, in part or wholly) is buying BWW and Roark Capital Group is the principle stock holder in Arby's (Wendy's owns 18% of Arby's and nobody knows for certain what is going to happen to that block of shares in this deal.), so Arby's and BWW will be owned(mostly) by the same parent. The companies owned by Roark Capital Group can be seen here:
http://www.roarkcapital.com/portfolio

Some of these companies are gun friendly, some are neutral and some are gun unfriendly and some of those policies are firmly enforced and others(no matter which of these they are) are loosely enforced. When a company is acquired by new owners, the existing management is often left in place. It is sometimes considered too disruptive to instill all new people into a functioning business. Other times, everybody is let go and the new owners start from the ground up. I guess we will have to see, but this is probably the only way BWW might ever change their policy, if that ever happens at all.

I have had people tell me that they regularly OC into a few BWW's locations in Ky. I have not ever been that fortunate, but the ones that were reported to me are a long way from where I live and I am not planing to travel there to find out. I remain skeptical, due to my personal experience with BWW.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

since9

Campaign Veteran
I can open carry in Arby's, but I cannot open carry in Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm confused with corporate policy.

Arby's corporate policy has been to continue with BWW's corporate policy, but the chain’s policy is not universal. During an earlier wave of anger over Buffalo Wild Wings’ gun policy in January 2013, the chain released a statement that incidentally revealed the ban applied primarily to company-owned locations (not franchised restaurants):

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms. One of our top priorities is the comfort, safety and enjoyment of our Guests and we have elected to exercise our right to prohibit the carrying of firearms in our company-owned restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this long-standing position is in the best interest of our Guests and our Team Members. This position may vary in independently owned franchised locations.

Following a subsequent incident, a spokeswoman for the Minneapolis-based Buffalo Wild Wings told FoxNews.com law enforcement officers are “always welcome” in its 840 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Specifically:

“It is the company’s practice to allow credentialed officers to carry guns,” spokeswoman Angie Andresen told FoxNews.com. “We’re working with team members to make sure that everyone knows what the protocol is." Source

I could find nothing in a 2005 copy of Arby's employee handbook addressing customer carry of firearms.

I did, however, find the following:

"Wendy’s/Arby’s prohibits the use, possession, distribution, selling or manufacturing of any illegal drugs or any alcohol (other than specified below) or any illicit or improper use of prescribed drugs on Company property or on the job (including in Company vehicles) or the possession of any dangerous weapon or firearm on Company property or on the job (including in Company vehicles)." - Source

However, this appears to be directed towards Employees, not customers.

Bottom line, until Arby's declares something different, only "credentialed (law enforcement) officers are allowed to carry in company-owned locations, whereas each franchise is apparently free to set their own policy.

since9

Campaign Veteran
SOME of the BWW locations in our area have removed their "No Guns" signs...

Have they really! How cool.

Arby's also bought Sonic, but since they're a drive-through it won't really matter.

Sonic also has a few outside tables, and I've OC'd there numerous times. No worries.

Don't know how the Arby's buy-out will change things. I've OC'd at Arby's numerous times, too. No worries there, either.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Just read that the holding company that owns each of these chains will maintain each chain as independent corporations. In other words, no cross contamination of rules or policies.

KBCraig

Sonic also has a few outside tables, and I've OC'd there numerous times. No worries.

There are also some Sonics with indoor seating. I've eaten at one in Natchitoches LA, and I've read that there are others.

It's pretty nice: walk in, sit down, and order through the speaker at your table.

since9

Campaign Veteran
There are also some Sonics with indoor seating. I've eaten at one in Natchitoches LA, and I've read that there are others.

It's pretty nice: walk in, sit down, and order through the speaker at your table.

Hmm... Like +2, one for the interior sit-down and another for (hopefully) the air conditioning in an interior setting. Having lived in Louisiana, I came across numerous joints that offered A/C to tiny spaces to accommodate customers, and We the Customers always welcomed it!

PS: I grew up in Southern Louisiana (Slidell and New Orleans), grades 7-9, and summers throughout college, so I'm intimately familiar with the environment, culture, and, well, pretty much everything. I tubed on the Atchafalaya River, partied in the French Quarter, was rained on by burning embers from 4th of July fireworks aboard the President, stopped by Daquiri drive-through stands, wind surfed on the Gulf Shores, and took my girlfriend to the New Orleans Zoo after which we'd park on the levee and crack a bottle of wine.

My point is that I grew up in Louisiana. Know it intimately.

I can't tell you how many times I've thought about moving back. Only two things keep me from doing that: The mosquitoes and the humidity. Currently, it's 30 deg outside with 66% humidity, but 69 deg inside with 23% humidity.

I'd say I'm happy!

Still, I miss my youth spent in the woods of Florida and Louisiana. Some 20 years on and off (mostly on, as in 16 on) duking it out with the bugs and environment.

Last edited: