Thread: IGold 2018

IGold 2018

Come One - come all !
    The rally in Springfield will be April 25, 2018.
    Join a few THOUSAND like-minded people and march on the State House. Lobby your legislators.

http://www.isra.org/Events/AnnualEvents/iGOLD.aspx
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Boots on the ground and in the minds of your legislators.

Make a difference - bring the family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. Large participation sends a clear message.

Your rights/freedoms are not a one day event. Consider joining the ISRA, Illinois State Rifle Associationi and get involved.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-12-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: fixed
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Grape - ISRA is in hot water with their membership right now. They, like the NRA, have caved-in on this fiasco over bump-stocks. There are a couple of threads at Illinois Carry where posters are lambasting them for this problem an a couple of others.
    FYI
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Wouldn't it be nice if we all saw things the same way? At least they seem enthusiastic and with somewhat of a common goal.

While I don't always agree with the NRA, I am not ready to thrown them under the bus either.

Good luck with the legislature and furthering your advances.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Diversity and unity are incompatible.
    Not completely so.

Neither the tradesmen builders nor the skilled submariner (diversity) would exist w/o a common need for each other (unity.)

Unitas in varietate.

This country was built with diversity, yet arguably is one of the best examples of unity....100% is not required

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

.....While I don't always agree with the NRA, I am not ready to thrown them under the bus either...
    I hereby volunteer as bus driver.

LFOD
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I hereby volunteer as bus driver.

LFOD
    Thundar
    Do not drive from under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Do not drive from under the bus.
    Grape,

Are you throwing me under the bus?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Grape,

Are you throwing me under the bus?
    Not yet.

You are holding up your end.