• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

query re google's intrusion?

solus

Running VPN and google's block is becoming more and more frequent?

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot."

attempted to sign in to my google email, put in the password, and before it would function, i had to 'verify' who i was by putting in my security password.

to reestablish browser connectivity i must stop what i was doing, clear all browser history, cookies, ad nauseam, and restart google's browser.

is it time to bug out of Google and move to MS Edge (shutter) or is there a way to escape this bullying from google ?

workarounds would be appreciated

added, just had to resign in to the forum within a minute of signing in prior to type this query as the system kicked me out when i hit submit

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

I use Firefox along with AdBlocker, the free version and Ghostery, also the free version. They work well and save a pile of junk from scrogging up my screen.

But this place does not permit use of AdBlocker. Its a headache but one I can live with.

Nemo

JTHunter2

Solus - like Nemo, I'm using Firefox, Ghostery, AVG, ZoneAlarm, Malwarebytes, Spybot, all in their "free" versions. This is on a Win. 7 (64) system that I got custom built about a year ago.

solus

Your kind responses are certainly appreciated but since i only have one business venture which mandates firefox be used i am not intimately familiar with its idiosyncrasies ~ guess i better get up to speed, eh?

however, the majority of my win 10 machines use google ~ for the moment!

With MS pushing hard for their edge browser, it appears the time has finally come to avail myself to an experiment using their browser, w/installed vpn, to see what transpires regarding nefarious browser stoppages questioning me about 'suspicious activity has been spotted' to resolve click on the button to prove you are who you say your are (aka prove your location to us!!)

I will also investigate ghostery as i have for several years maintained a paid subscription of MBytes on every piece of digital equipment.

I just dumped ESET after many long years as it became invasive and where i wanted to go, at my own risk, it sometimes refused to open the browser link ~ as someone had declared it 'risky or dangerous' to my equipment. additionally, it insisted Auslogic programs, defrag & boostspeed, and driver update ~ all great programs actually, were infected with 'unwanted programs' which could potentially cause damage...sigh!

again many thanks, as croce stated in the operator ~ "...ah, you've been so much more than kind...and you may keep the dime!"