Thread: AMP

AMP

New member here. When going through the threads I see "AMP" used frequently. What does it mean or stand for?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    AMP - swear phrase in the Filipino culture which has come into some common useage in American slang.

Not appropriate to translate on OCDO, however.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Vefrancis View Post
    New member here. When going through the threads I see "AMP" used frequently. What does it mean or stand for?
    So Vern, do you have any specifics where this term was/has been/is being used on this forum’s threads so members might get a contextual understanding and therefore just might determine the abbreviation or term’s meaning?

I ask because i have been associated with and roamed the forum for a bit and truly must have missed the term you are alluding to?

Pointing out the initials or term would be extremely useful since I am horrible when it comes to the forum’s search feature...I failed to turn up a single instance of the term!

Thanks Vern, I certainly await your response so the membership might investigate and provide you a valid response.
    Last edited by solus; 09-30-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    "He who pays the piper calls the tunes..." (OBE as Grape called melody!!)

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"OCed to Walmart in Eden ( YAWN ). OCed to Tractor Supply (YAWN ). But just as I was leaving a guy comes running out. Hey mister??? He wants to OC but some yoyo told him no you have to have a CC permit to carry a gun. I talked to him about 10 minutes & also directed him to this site. FELT GOOD."

This is not specific to OCDO. AMP is a way for your device to load mobile pages more quickly. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. "The AMP Project is an open-source initiative aiming to make the web better for all. The project enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms."
    https://www.ampproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot II View Post
    This is not specific to OCDO. AMP is a way for your device to load mobile pages more quickly. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. "The AMP Project is an open-source initiative aiming to make the web better for all. The project enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms."
    https://www.ampproject.org/
    Actually, & is hypertext markup for &
    Last edited by FBrinson; 10-01-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Just shaking my head that this went on past post No. 2 where the op's question was answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Just shaking my head that this went on past post No. 2 where the op's question was answered.
    Keep shaking. We both know its a secret handshake/greeting method from Georgia but its escaped into the wild and becoming widely known and in common usage.

So we need to just let it go.

Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    Keep shaking. We both know its a secret handshake/greeting method from Georgia but its escaped into the wild and becoming widely known and in common usage.

So we need to just let it go.

Nemo
    I'll have to take your word on it, I'm not from Georgia even though I've lived here a few years. My 'formative years' were spent in a somewhat colder clime. Or, hotter, it's hard to tell.