• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AMP

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
AMP - swear phrase in the Filipino culture which has come into some common useage in American slang.

Not appropriate to translate on OCDO, however.

solus

New member here. When going through the threads I see "AMP" used frequently. What does it mean or stand for?

So Vern, do you have any specifics where this term was/has been/is being used on this forum’s threads so members might get a contextual understanding and therefore just might determine the abbreviation or term’s meaning?

I ask because i have been associated with and roamed the forum for a bit and truly must have missed the term you are alluding to?

Pointing out the initials or term would be extremely useful since I am horrible when it comes to the forum’s search feature...I failed to turn up a single instance of the term!

Thanks Vern, I certainly await your response so the membership might investigate and provide you a valid response.

Last edited:

Vefrancis

"OCed to Walmart in Eden ( YAWN ). OCed to Tractor Supply (YAWN ). But just as I was leaving a guy comes running out. Hey mister??? He wants to OC but some yoyo told him no you have to have a CC permit to carry a gun. I talked to him about 10 minutes & also directed him to this site. FELT GOOD."

gutshot II

This is not specific to OCDO. AMP is a way for your device to load mobile pages more quickly. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. "The AMP Project is an open-source initiative aiming to make the web better for all. The project enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms."
https://www.ampproject.org/

FBrinson

This is not specific to OCDO. AMP is a way for your device to load mobile pages more quickly. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. "The AMP Project is an open-source initiative aiming to make the web better for all. The project enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms."
https://www.ampproject.org/

Actually, & is hypertext markup for &

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

Just shaking my head that this went on past post No. 2 where the op's question was answered.

Keep shaking. We both know its a secret handshake/greeting method from Georgia but its escaped into the wild and becoming widely known and in common usage.

So we need to just let it go.

Nemo :cool:

Fallschirjmäger

Keep shaking. We both know its a secret handshake/greeting method from Georgia but its escaped into the wild and becoming widely known and in common usage.

So we need to just let it go.

Nemo :cool:
I'll have to take your word on it, I'm not from Georgia even though I've lived here a few years. My 'formative years' were spent in a somewhat colder clime. Or, hotter, it's hard to tell.