• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indiana Carry Report

DocSkunk

Thank you BB62. whether or not other posts wont affect me and my post. My target audience is everyone. Maybe my post will help someone in Indy, or Albion, or South Bend, or Lafayette to see positive post for OC. That its not doom and gloom they way the media portrays guns. If i inspire one person to OC comfortably then i have succeed. Ill keep posting till my thread is locked or told otherwise. Its not a diary it is a carry report, im not telling my deep dark secrets to private blog or paper back book. Some context behind why i goto places are for amusement of me, if they are troublesome i shall stop. Rant over lol

Nothing to report just the rant. Should be going out tomorrow.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...My target audience is everyone. Maybe my post will help someone in Indy, or Albion, or South Bend, or Lafayette to see positive post for OC. That its not doom and gloom they way the media portrays guns. If i inspire one person to OC comfortably then i have succeed. ...
Agreed!

Keep up the good work.

Wstar425

I don't see much (any) difference between your posts and the daily breakfast to supper reports from Virginia? Carry on, just don't mention anything about a dog!!

I get to New Paris, Elkhart, Goshen area once a summer for family visit, and OC while there. Have never seen another OC while there. My Aunt where we stay doesn't want one in her house. Ok with rifle and shotgun, just not handgun. So, stays in the car. I generally CC if we go out. Grew up between Milford and Leesburg.

Pretty uneventful here, I'm continually amazed how few people seem to notice a full sized open carry as long as one is doing something legitimate. Saw the Hispanic salesman from hardware at Walmart today open carrying, as was I. Last time I saw him he said he was asked to leave WM due to his firearm, but I have not had anyone even mention mine while there. The self checkout assistant always hovers around me, I KNOW she recognizes me as I am there nearly every Sunday after church.

DocSkunk

Another daily breakfast to supper report I guess. Carry reports are heckled and looked down on.

9-8-17

Went out to a few places in Kendallville

Went to Rule King guy behind gun counter saw my CZ but didnt say anything. Saw a unicorn of sorts, guy in a camo shirt, and jeans OCing a Ruger LC9 in a IWB holster looked to be uncle mikes open top. Not sure if he noticed he had it uncovered.

Then at walmart in Kendallville i saw a guy out shopping with his family OCing a 1911 in a leather non retention holster. Asked him if hes on OCDO he said no, talked a min or so with him. I told someone about OCDO this thread cool now? lol since almost every post on this isnt about reports, isnt from people from IN and told me to talk to others about joining.

Last edited:

DocSkunk

daily breakfast to supper report

10-10-17

Went up to Fort Wayne to the FW Ortho Center. CCed in there with the wife. Headed up to Coney Dog Cafe on Dupont and Lime no issues there. Headed to Dollar tree across the way, manager looked but kept smiling. Another good day.

DocSkunk

10-14-17

Went up to Kendallville to check out a carshow walked around and enjoyed the cars. Lots of looks, but no contact. Didnt hear a peep from anyone. So a good day, great weather and awesome cars.

Headed to Walmart right after the carshow ended at 5 to pick up some stuff. Some looks, but on the way out some retirement home bus driver looked at me so hard im sure i have some holes in me some where. Still nothing said. Great day to OC.

DocSkunk

10-22-17

Went out and about with the Beretta 71. Headed up ShopCo in Syracuse. Picked up a few things. The cashier looked at me and looked down. Didnt say anything just finished checking the wife and I out.

Then headed back to Ligonier to Owens to do some more food shopping not issues like normal.