• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indiana Carry Report

DocSkunk

Since things around the Indiana board have been quiet for some time.

9-22-17
Coldwater Crossing movie theater Fort Wayne CC Saw the new Kingsmen. great movie btw - No issues
Walmart on Coldwater Fort Wayne few looks from some but that is normal no contact no issues.
Logan's Roadhouse on Lima road Fort Wayne, Dinner with the wife - No issues

all in all a good day.

DocSkunk

9-23-17

9-23-17
Went to Elkhart today.

elkhart indiana cockadoodle cafe small but food was ok. - No issues
Walmart few looks, even saw a unicorn. A older guy OC a sig. Didnt get a chance to talk to him. - No issues.
Speedway on 19 - No issues

DocSkunk

9-28-17

When to Owens in Ligonier to get rent, few looks nothing major.

Then heading to Burger King in Ligonier. One look from the manager commenting on my Zelda shirt nothing at all.

A good day out.

DocSkunk

9-29-17

Went out and about yesterday hit speedway in Ligonier to get gas, didnt go inside just pumped.

Headed into fort wayne to visit my mom at the hospital i CC since they dont like guns in Lutheran Hospital off Jefferson. When my mom went in she had her Ruger so i picked it up as well.

Then headed up to Home Depot on Lima Rd. and looked at tools and Halloween stuff with the wife. She got some stuff, cashiers looked at my him but nothing said.

DocSkunk

Thanks BB62. I noticed we didn't have one. I'm the only one so far but its a big state others will chime in.

As for today 9-30-17

Hit speedway in Ligonier and got snacks and a drink before we headed to Goshen. No issues there

Made it to Goshen where they hold board game night on the last Saturday of the month only to find out it was moved to Elkhart High School. I locked the CZ82 in the lock box and went in and had some fun.

Rearmed and stopped in at Ponderosa in Goshen good food. Some looks by the staff nobody said anything.

Last stop was at Walmart in Goshen, again no issue. I don't think anybody batted a eye at it.

DocSkunk

10-1-17

Went out to the range today Tri County DNR range. Put 120 rounds down the range out of the rhino and 60 out of the phoenix no issues.

Hit Dollar General afterwards to get paper plates and other things few looks, nobody said anything.

Then hit Owens in Ligonier no issues.

Short day out but nice and quiet.

Mr Birdman

CARRY IN iNDDY

are nonresidents of Indy allowed to OC? I live in Pa and visit my parents in Ky, and we go to Evansville quite a lot and I am not sure If non residents can carry or not. I know my pa permit is valid In Indy for CC but can I also OC also?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
are nonresidents of Indy allowed to OC? I live in Pa and visit my parents in Ky, and we go to Evansville quite a lot and I am not sure If non residents can carry or not. I know my pa permit is valid In Indy for CC but can I also OC also?
Yes you can open carry in Indiana as long as you have a valid conceal carry license/permit. I live in Ohio and open carry in Indiana all the time. Now, with that said, you do know this particular thread is about DocSkunk's daily travels. But even so, I hope I answered your question.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Handgunlaw.us

You might want to go to -- often -- www.handgunlaw.us and click on the state for which you have questions. I have found that site to be a provider of comprehensive, timely and accurate information regarding each state's firearms laws. When I have plans to travel to another state, I always check that site to inform or remind me about that state's laws, and the laws of any state that I might travel through to get there.

DocSkunk

Its open for anybody's daily travels anywhere in Indiana. I encourage people to post from all around Indiana. So if i or others travel to posters home towns we will have knowledge of the area so to speak. Asking questions are allowed, if i dont know it then others will. Im hoping if there is enough interest to do a OC meet up in Fort Wayne. I figured the Indiana board needed some activity since its been rather quiet every time i log on.

Went out today to Marathon in Wolf Lake no issues.

Went into Fort Wayne to hit the mall to pick up the wife's wedding ring from being repaired. Had to CC in the mall. Then i poped over to the Walmart on Lima and Dupont and no issues there. Sadly they didn't have the TV series i was looking for, said Vikings season 4 part 2 came out today but ill wait till the 10th.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Its open for anybody's daily travels anywhere in Indiana. I encourage people to post from all around Indiana. So if i or others travel to posters home towns we will have knowledge of the area so to speak. Asking questions are allowed, if i dont know it then others will. Im hoping if there is enough interest to do a OC meet up in Fort Wayne. I figured the Indiana board needed some activity since its been rather quiet every time i log on.

Went out today to Marathon in Wolf Lake no issues.

Went into Fort Wayne to hit the mall to pick up the wife's wedding ring from being repaired. Had to CC in the mall. Then i poped over to the Walmart on Lima and Dupont and no issues there. Sadly they didn't have the TV series i was looking for, said Vikings season 4 part 2 came out today but ill wait till the 10th.
Hook-up with Jim Lucas state rep and NRA member. https://www.facebook.com/jim.lucas.3192

DocSkunk

I haven't gone out in alittle while but i wanted to talk about a positive encounter i had a few years ago with a older gentlemen at Krogers on Dupont Rd. in Fort Wayne. I had finished checking out when a older man behind me said "You cant have that out, Indiana has a CHP." He was referring to my .357 mag on my hip. I smiled back at him and informed him that Indiana doesn't have a CHP, that its a LTC permit which is both open and concealed. He pulled his card out and responded to me "I'll be damned all these years i didn't know." All in all a good experience. If your from Indiana odds are you know somebody that calls the Indiana LTC a CHP lol.

DocSkunk

10-5-17

Short report:

putted up to Owen in the jeep to get frozen pizza. I don't drive my jeep enough. Employees are used to me there, no looks, no comments.

DocSkunk

10-6-17

Ran out for dinner at Subway in Ligonier off Hwy 6. Older lady gave me the death stare on her way out after getting her food. Nobody else seemed to notice.

Then hit Owens gain to pay for the last bill that came in the mail today. Again nobody noticed, walked right past the manager not a word, i don't think he noticed.