• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Bill Filed for 2018 Legislative Session

DeSchaine

Good luck to you all in KY. Ours in MI got stalled out by a spineless state senate leader after passing the state house. Make sure the same thing doesn't happen to you.

Ken56

Something is very wrong when a single man can control weather or not a bill gets advanced to be voted upon. I left MI. 4 years ago and am much happier here in TN, even with its own peculiarities in its carry laws and its own RINO's in the state legislature. That said, we all know WHY they control the vote in this manner and that's to avoid going on record. They fear being on record so much they will hide behind their leaders and just be happy to see it die in never never land. Snyder would just veto the bill if it managed to reach his desk....no matter how much support it had. This illustrates to me the urgent need to get rid of those representatives that are too cowardly to actually represent the people and follow the Constitution and their oath of office. Good luck to you in KY.

gutshot II

I believe this is the fourth time trying to pass permit-less/constitutional carry.

We tried in 2016 and 2017. There were several revisions of the bills in both years. 2018 will be the third "year" that there has been an attempt to pass it, that I know about. If there was another attempt, I was not involved and didn't hear about it.

Last edited: