Thread: Joe Arpaio *may* challenge Jeff Flake for Arizona Senate seat: Washington Examiner

Joe Arpaio *may* challenge Jeff Flake for Arizona Senate seat: Washington Examiner

"After receiving President Trump's first pardon, Joe Arpaio's plans have gone from possible prison to book-writing, speeches and potentially another run for office in Arizona, with Sen. Jeff Flake's seat one opportunity he is eyeing.

The former Maricopa County sheriff told the Washington Examiner he's upset at negative reaction to the Friday pardon, and that he feels Republican politicians are insufficiently supportive of the president, who he calls a great man.
    [ ... ]"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jo...rticle/2632732

"Kelli Ward, who is challenging Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake in the Republican primary, took aim at Flake and Sen. John McCain in a new campaign ad using President Trump's his criticisms of the two senators.

The 45-second ad, titled "Naming Jeff Flake," opens with Trump speaking at Tuesday's campaign-style rally in Phoenix and telling the crowd his White House aides urged him not to attack Flake by name.
    [ ... ]"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ke...rticle/2632550
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Not going to happen.

TALK ABOUT DRAINING THE SWAMP.. TALK ABOUT MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN..

The hypocrisy continues.. " The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".. Edmund Burke

Under the same great document(U.S. Constitution) that criminal Joe turned into toilet paper over the years, said criminal legally can pursue political office..

" I am like many others, almost in despair for the " great republic".. Harriet Martineau

" Treat lawlessness with disdain" Gavin Seim( liberty advocate).

My .02
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Pretty awesome thread; created by and responded to by non-Arizonans, hehe.

I do not hold much truck with some of Arpaio's methods and probably would not support him in any further run at office.

However, I also hold no truck whatsoever with Jeff Flake and John McCain's disdain for Trump. I did not vote for neither at the last election because of this. I fully support Trump. Why?

Folks like to think that Trump is a Republican. He is not. I voted for him because he is a true independent, not a career politician, nor a part of the D.C. crowd. IMHO, Trump took a look at the 'landscape' and said to himself that the Democratic party already had strong contenders, but the Republican party was weak. So he hijacked it and by a miracle (or actually by the clear thinking people voting him in) he won the Presidency. Obviously, there were enough other folks in this country who were tired of the same old career politicians running the show.

This is why not only the Democrats are trying to block his every move in the media and otherwise but have even created the Antifa, and career Republicans are also trying to discredit and block his every move.

Get it?

flake is retiring because: 1) he got his pension now, and 2) he knows he will LOSE in an election against Kelly Ward or anyone else!