• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bellevue Kentucky violation of KRS 65.870

hotrod

Riverfest 2017 and KC3

I have been contacted by the City Administrator for Bellevue, Kentucky. He stated that at the first meeting of the city council that the repeal of the ordinance banning weapons on public property during Riverfest in Bellevue will be held in September. The repeal requires two readings, so the subsequent meeting it will be read and voted on. The repeal will become official. He also said the Chief of Police and the officers of Bellevue know not to enforce any part of the ordinance banning weapons on public property. Again, if you attend Riverfest and are carrying and are stopped, questioned, etc. about carrying, please let us know. KC3 has been at your service and will continue to fight any law that illegally stops, or tries to stop, the legal carrying of firearms. But remember, we cannot fix it if we do not know about it, so let us know if you find those signs or if you think you have been stopped wrongly.

Last edited by a moderator:

solus

I have been contacted by the City Administrator for Bellevue, Kentucky. He stated that at the first meeting of the city council that the repeal of the ordinance banning weapons on public property during Riverfest in Bellevue will be held in September. The repeal requires two readings, so the subsequent meeting it will be read and voted on. The repeal will become official. He also said the Chief of Police and the officers of Bellevue know not to enforce any part of the ordinance banning weapons on public property. Again, if you attend Riverfest and are carrying and are stopped, questioned, etc. about carrying, please let us know. KC3 has been at your service and will continue to fight any law that illegally stops, or tries to stop, the legal carrying of firearms. But remember, we cannot fix it if we do not know about it, so let us know if you find those signs or if you think you have been stopped wrongly.

congrats, nicely played...

hotrod

Riverfest

Looking forward to a full report, as the local AM radio guy says.

I was there from 7:00 p. m. until 8:00 p. m. and had no one approach me. I walked past 5 police officers and had none stop, slow down or even give me a second look. Just to be conspicuous, I was carrying my N frame Smith and Wesson. I did not see any others carrying, not meaning they were not there, and I heard of no one stopped or questioned. If you were, please let us know. Seems to have went well, from all indications.

Brian D.

Thanks for replying. I did not attend this year. Last year I did, and felt compelled to stay put ninety minues after the fireworks ended, just to avoid the traffic snarls. Didn't feel like repeating that this time.

hotrod

Riverfest 2017

Here is the first reading held yesterday 9/13/2017

CITY OF BELLEVUE, KENTUCKY
ORDINANCE 2017 – 09 – 02
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE 99-7-1 TO RESCIND SUBSECTION
100.19 TO COMPLY WITH KENTUCKY REVISED STATUTES.
WHEREAS
, in 2012, Kentucky Revised Statutes 68.870 declared that local firearms
control ordinances are prohibited; and;
WHEREAS
, Section 100.19 in the City of Bellevue Code of Ordinances passed in 1999
regulated the use of weapons at the Riverfest Event traditionally held on Labor Day weekend and
is in violation of KRS 68.870;
THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY OF BELLEVUE, CAMPBELL
COUNTY, KENTUCKY:
That Ordinance 99-7-1 is amended to rescind the following section and language:
Section 100.19 Weapons
No person shall carry any firearm, sling, bow or any other dangerous device or item capable of inflicting
serious physical harm in the Riverfest Event Area unless that person is a police officer engaged in his or her normal
course of duty.
This ordinance shall be signed by the Mayor, attested by the City Clerk, recorded,
published, and shall be in effect at the earliest time provided by law.
PASSED
by City Council of the City of Bellevue, Campbell County, Kentucky
assembled in regular session.
First Reading:
Second Reading:
Published:
CITY OF BELLEVUE, KENTUCKY
By ________________________________
Edward Rielh
Mayor
ATTEST:

hotrod

No Longer law

:banana:The city administrator for Belleview, KY called last Thursday and verified that the Riverfest law has been removed from the ordinances. He thanked us (KC3) for reminding them that the ordinance was not in step with KRS 65.870. Great to get another win!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
:banana:The city administrator for Belleview, KY called last Thursday and verified that the Riverfest law has been removed from the ordinances. He thanked us (KC3) for reminding them that the ordinance was not in step with KRS 65.870. Great to get another win!
Good to hear!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am new to the forums. What or who is KC3 here in Kentucky?

Thanks,

Google is your friend.

"Kentucky Concealed Carry Coalition (KC3) is an advocacy group dedicated to preserving the rights of Kentuckians to carry concealed weapons for protection and to supporting the right to keep and bear arms according to the US and Kentucky Constitution."
http://kc3.com/aboutkc3/

gutshot II

I am new to the forums. What or who is KC3 here in Kentucky?

Thanks,

There are several KC3 members here on this forum. A couple of them are members of the KC3 Board of Directors. KC3 is the largest, most effective gun rights advocacy and education group in Ky.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
gutshot II is just one of triplets, gutshot and gutshot I. One is evil, but search parties have been unable to find either one of them. I think gutshot II has finely accepted the loss of his siblings.
All of the king's horses and all of the the king's men couldn't..........