• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill Could Ease Open Carry Penalties

77zach

The bill is a mistake. Given the rate of liberalization in other states, constitutional carry should be introduced to get the right conversation started. Shame the worthless Florida GOP. This watered down crap will not pass anyway. The Florida legislature's policy is to handicap law abiding citizens protected by the 2nd amendment and to protect and embolden the criminal element, who don't care about what laws are passed. Shame them.

ADulay

To quote from the article:

"Under the bill, people with concealed-weapons licenses also could not be arrested or charged if firearms are “temporarily and openly displayed.”

I believe we already have that (brief display) so what's the big deal?

AD