• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting rural eastern Oregon for the eclipse

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
I am from California. I will be visiting Grant County Oregon to view the eclipse. Predictions are that a million people will be visiting Oregon, and 50,000 will be visiting Grant County. One never knows how many crazies will be coming along with that many people. Carrying for self-defense seems prudent.

I have read the pamphlet posted in this Oregon forum, and the Oregon information over at handgunlaw.us.

I plan to dispersed camp in the National Forest.

It would appear that I am good to go open carrying in the National Forests, also in unincorporated county territory. But cities can pass their own open carry bans. Is there an online resource where I can see if the cities I plan to visit have such bans? I doubt I will have a problem, as Grant County is very rural, and pro-gun, but I want to be sure.

Also, it seems I cannot carry in my car? I mean, I have to lock up my gun in my car? But once parked, and in my cab-over camper, it's legal to carry again. If anyone can confirm of correct me, please advise.

Thanks!