• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Wrestles Gun Away from Burglar. Gets Charged with Attempted Murder

gutshot II

I am a troll for speaking my mind.. What prey tell would you Gutshot II and you Charles do in the event some predator violated the sanctity of your home? Please advise us of the proper course of action..

I can only assume Gutshot II would advise said predator of his states gun laws and Charles , you would invite him/her to some Mormons only carnival making exceptions for home invaders.. if I am wrong in my assessments of both your actions, prey tell to us all, your course of action.

Please oh merciful ones, please instruct us on how to protect our home and family..

My .02
CCJ

See, I am right. Now it is begging us to engage with it. Don't do it!

countryclubjoe

See, I am right. Now it is begging us to engage with it. Don't do it!

I am not begging, I am simply requesting how you would defend against a vile home invader that breaches the sanctity of your humble abode..

I had the stones to give what course of action I would pursue. And you took offense to said actions... Now please be a man and tells us how you would proceed against a home invader... Calling someone a troll because they have stones does not make you look like the good guy..

i await your reply on how you would defend your castle, after which we can disengage if would like..

My .02
CCJ

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Trolls like both David Macbeth and countryclubjoe respond to the reactions of others to their posts. If no one responds, they have no fodder to feed on. By responding to these people, you enable them to continue to ruin what remains of OCDO(not very much). Once that is done, they will leave and start to destroy some other decent forum. Do you expect to have someone like counrtyclubjoe suddenly become rational and start posting something worth reading? Do you expect him to declare that you have been right all along and that he has been wrong? Do you think he will "see the light" or have a "Damascus moment" because of some great insight that you have given him or do you think he will continue to be the same as he has always been? They have nothing useful to contribute. Exclude them from any discussion that you are involved in. Just ignore them and they will go away, like all trolls. Let them discuss things with themselves, alone. The "ignore" button is useful, but not necessary. Just don't respond to anything a troll posts.

Well said and good advice.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I think there is great wisdom in this gutshot. And I thank you for the gentle reminder. But I also think there are posts that need to be called out lest anyone perusing what little is left of the forum think that trolls like McBeth/countryclubjoe actually represent the culture of decent, law-abiding gun owners. Proper moderation would preclude any need to respond at all. But lacking that for whatever reasons may be...

Of course, on-going engagement of trollish posts is always going to be a loser.

Another cogent post. While we have the responsibility to reject dangerous and ill-advised posts lest a more casual seeker of correct advice thinks that this poseur is spouting wisdom, most likely the best answer is to place them on ignore. Trolls feed on constant engagement. Giving them any credence through engagement is folly and a waste of bandwidth. Let them and their ilk start their own thread, "McBeth Redux" where they can revel in their own echo chamber.