• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer moving to Montana

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
............ A thread long ago someone had issues with a bank or banks in Butte if I recall right. Might have an issue in Missoula as well. P'Burg I would expect to not have a problem at all.

Thank you. I have been visiting Missoula and Butte with no worries. I wear a 1911 in a western holster and it seems to be well received wherever I go.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I know I am late, sorry. Welcome to MT MSG Laigaie, sounds like you were well received. I am in Ronan, I make it down to PBurg periodically. Will need to try and meet up next time.

Your right, in which most of the laws are specific to concealed carry. Your safe to OC in a bank like you have been. Watch out for the metro bus in Missoula, I been working on their illegal signage for over a year now :(.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I am in Ronan, I make it down to PBurg periodically. Will need to try and meet up next time.

Watch out for the metro bus in Missoula, I been working on their illegal signage for over a year now :(.

On the first part, That would be great, let me know when you make the trip. ( I may import the annual picnic we had going in Whatcom County )

On the second part.....I like a challenge and I have a great deal of free time.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...Watch out for the metro bus in Missoula, I been working on their illegal signage for over a year now :(.
Speaking of municipal bus systems: it took six months of getting nowhere with records requests and other communications before it came to this: https://www.facebook.com/events/100454047196274/

They had signage saying "Private Property" in addition to having policies against lawful carry.

P.S. - there was no "law change", that was just another one of their lies. They'd been ignoring preemption for 12+ years.

Last edited:

BobR

When I lived in Montana I was under the impression most restrictions were for concealed carry, even the bars. I open carried nearly everywhere without any issues.

bob