Thread: If you're going to enforce the rules, then enforce the rules

If you're going to enforce the rules, then enforce the rules

Don't make crap up as you go alone while enforcing that in violation of your own rules. That's not only an affront to your members, it's disingenuous to everyone.
    I always try to respond when people reply to my posts. If you've made posts and I haven't replied, it may be because you're one of the very few members of this forum who managed to worm their way to my ignore list. Congratulations on your achievement!

In the meantime... The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and other founding documents.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Don't make crap up as you go alone while enforcing that in violation of your own rules. That's not only an affront to your members, it's disingenuous to everyone.
    This refers to what?

BTW - Called decisions are well within the rules.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Forum Rules
    "Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions."

We on OCDO are generally a merry band of brothers and sister defending and promoting the same thing. Where we all too frequently run into trouble is dealing with the interpersonal relationshhips - we are quick to criticize other members/posters/users. This needs to be curtailed.

The following suggestions will help in eliminating misunderstandings:

1) Always put quotation marks around material not your own, unless such is clearly identified as to the source.

2) Make personal opinions clearly such. Adding "just my 2 cents" to the end of your post helps accomplish that.

3) Do not attack/criticize other posters. Reply/respond to the facts or opinions expressed w/o animosity.

4) Phrases like "I have heard" and "Some would say" if used judiciously can get the message across.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-20-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.