• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Small barrel rifle

koja1962

Sorry not an open carry question but I'm sure someone one here knows I've been trying to find out if I need a tax stamp if I want to get a micro roni system for my Glock 21 thinking I would like it as a truck gun.I had a friend in Texas who bought one for his .9mm off of a site and just met the guy selling it at a parking lot and it's not a pistol brace but a sbr.thank you in advance .

gutshot II

Sorry not an open carry question but I'm sure someone one here knows I've been trying to find out if I need a tax stamp if I want to get a micro roni system for my Glock 21 thinking I would like it as a truck gun.I had a friend in Texas who bought one for his .9mm off of a site and just met the guy selling it at a parking lot and it's not a pistol brace but a sbr.thank you in advance .

If its an SBR, as you state, you will need a tax stamp to be legal, if you put a pistol in it. Of course, we all know that there are a lot of illegal things going on every day. I don't advocate for any of those things.

I found this on the website that sells these things:

→ MICRO RONI HAS NFA RESTRICTIONS, TAX STAMP REQUIRED

There are pictures of both full stock and arm brace. The NFA restriction seems to apply to both. Near the bottom of:

https://usa.caagearup.com/caa-micro-roni

Last edited:

HP995

Looks like this is their no-tax-stamp product:

https://usa.caagearup.com/micro-roni-17-stabilizer

That one is a brace and not SBR, the opposite of your original description. I'd be really careful which product is which. Of course, always trust your friendly neighborhood parking lot salesman? :)

Interesting product but their 3 measurements don't seem to match up unless it means something different. And only 720 ounces!

For that price there should be some other options you can consider if this product doesn't work out.