• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I joined Grapeshot for a nice breakfast out at Shoney's. The place was packed!! As we were walking up to the cashier to check out, a man sitting in the front booth practically screamed out.......look at the big gun....needless to say, he was pointing at Grape's 1911. His guest swung her head around, and said OH MY GOSH!!!

I don't believe I've ever seen a reaction like that. Don't think they noticed that I was carrying. It's that purdy 1911 that gets all of the attention. :lol:

Fun times!

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

DoubleTap
Nothing trumps an attractive woman OCing with her head on a swivel and her mind on her business. I'm a lucky guy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I went to McDonald's on Hopkins. our server was much enamored with my 1911.

Finished up my OC day at Kroger's on Midlothian near Chippenham.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had late OC lunch, early dinner at Capt. D's on Jeff Davis.
Both the cook and the chef came out to inquire as to the food and tell me that they had missed me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had early OC breakfast at Burger King on Jeff Davis near duPont.

Then to see my primary carry doctor at Bon Secours on Watkins Center Parkway - no I did not carry more than an empty holster either there or in the Omaging Center next door.
Leaving there, I geared back up and had a late lunch at the American Diner on Midlothian; then to 360 West Auto Repair regarding my A/C.

Long day - likely will skip th VCDL meeting tonight at the Courthouse Rd. branch library.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Started my OC day at the the same Burger King - in by 9, out by 10.

Next to One Stop Auto Repair on Midlothian where my Ram's A/C was diagnosed and repaired to my satisfaction in short order.

Then to Food Lion on Meadowdale where I picked up some lunch/dinner goodies and found my elusive Bugles.

Don't forget to plant your doughnut seeds today.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yesterday, Sat. June 2nd, stayed close to home until I OCd at BJ's to get gas while heading to DoubleTap's for the rest of the weekend.

Will be at Shoney's on W. Broad St for breakfast on Sunday.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Monday morning saw me OCing at my favorite Burger King. They were actually out of grape jam so I was forced to use strawberry on my sausage biscuit = PPPP by the mgr.

Then to Wawa on Ironbridge Rd. at Cogbill.

Was OCing at home when the Comcast rep arrived to install their new equipment. No problem, no discussion about my well behaved friend on my hip.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Burger King on Jeff Davis is still lacking grape jam.

The one on Midlothian near Providence Rd. had plenty - filled my reservoir.

OCd at One Stop Auto Repair just down the road to see about some custom exhaust work.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished my outside the home OC day at Golden Corral on Providence Rd.

Place was packed but experienced no problems other than easing my belt out a bit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is beginning to be not funny. My once favorite Burger King on Jeff Davis is too frequently out of the basics.

Had to go to BK on Midlothian to get my morning biscuit and grape jam fix.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Even Denny's is short of the basics.

One location had no mashed potatoes, another had no diet drinks.

When I finally got my order on Research Way, the broccoli was cold and there was no bread.

Perhaps I expect too much (sarcasm).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Burger King at 4700 Jeff Davis Hwy is still w/o grape jam - been 2 weeks lacking.
Ate breakfast at Hardee's instead.

Then stopped at 7-11 on opposite corner for an ice cream bar. Two RPD officers couldn't seem to care less that I was OCing.

OC Freedom

Burger King at 4700 Jeff Davis Hwy is still w/o grape jam - been 2 weeks lacking.
Ate breakfast at Hardee's instead.

Then stopped at 7-11 on opposite corner for an ice cream bar. Two RPD officers couldn't seem to care less that I was OCing.

I have experienced the same thing about LE and the public in general not caring that I am open carrying. I get the same reaction in Idaho, Nevada, Washington, or any other state that I open carry in, folks just don't care. You would think by all the news coverage and yelling from the gun grabbers that we would encounter hostility daily for our open carried firearms. Just shows what is presented as reality by the news outlets and what happens in our daily life experiences don't equal in any way.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up my OC day at Taco Bell/KFC on Jeff Davis.

No problem except they didn't have any chocolate cake - bummer.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Great service at both Burger King and Hardee's on Midlothian. They see me and know what I want.

Then spent the morning waiting for the right parts to come in for my Sport Ram at One Stop Auto Repair. Headlight assembly is completely different from standard Ram in 2001.

Hopefully it will be ready in the morning.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I went to One Stop Auto Repair to check on my Ram. Disappointed that the local supplier who said they had the part did not, so back to square one.

OCd at Ihobs on Midlothian, then home were DT fixed my desktop, laptop and TV while I found and ordered the special headlights for my Sport Ram.

We finished up the day at the Tasty Crab where our next OC dinner is scheduled. Really like that place.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Computers and Ram are running great.

Will celebrate with breakfast at Shoney's on W. Broad St. when they open this morning.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had my biscuits-n-gravy + bacon at Shoney's then went to BJ's for gas. At neither place did any women faint at he sight of my 1911.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had OC breakfast at Burger King on Midlothian - really good employees.

Finished my OC day at Capt D's on Jeff Davis.

Please remember to vote tomorrow.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC breakfast at Burger King on Midlothian.

Then shopped at Kroger on Midlothian at Chippenham.

Voted at Beulah Elementary School OCing my empty holster.

Will be at the Tasty Crab on W. Broad St. for our June OC dinner.