• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up my public OC outings for the day at Capt D's on Jeff Davs Hwy.

Always friendly staff there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd for two breakfasts - Burger King and Hardee's on Jeff Davis near DuPont.

Neither the MOD at BK nor the Brink's security officer picking up receipts had any problem with my holstered handgun.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up my OC day by picking up a double burger from Burger King with french fries. Took home and smothered with beef gravy - reminds me of the old Western Sizzle Steak offering.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd for breakfasts at Burger King and Hardee's. Then went to Walgreen Drug Store all near Providence Rd. on Midlothian.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Returned to the same locations this morning for start of my OC day.

At Burger King the MOD engaged me in conversation about what I was carrying and why.

Turns out that she bought a .380 cal at recent gun show. While she labors under the false impression that a Virginia CHP is a license, there is no misunderstanding about open carry. Nice lady.

Wstar425

Returned to the same locations this morning for start of my OC day.

At Burger King the MOD engaged me in conversation about what I was carrying and why.

Turns out that she bought a .380 cal at recent gun show. While she labors under the false impression that a Virginia CHP is a license, there is no misunderstanding about open carry. Nice lady.

Ok, legitimate question not a gotcha. Novel idea, eh?

Take a stab at defining the difference between a license and a permit for me. When you ask google that question it basically said a license permits one to...... and a permit licenses one to.......interchangeable almost.

Wisconsin has a License, but people call it a permit, CCW , CCP, CCL would be correct here I suppose?
Conceal Carry License. We have no open carry P or L. Just do it. We do not have to show our CCL to OC and I’ve never been asked about it in 25 or so interactions with various LEOs. I basically got mine to make car carry a little more............something........easier I guess. Then they changed the law afterwards . I’m up for my 5 year renewal of the “permission slip”. Online, $22.00 I guess I’ll re up for another 5.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Tell it to our General Assembly who authorizes a Concealed Handgun [highlight]PERMIT[/highlight], not a Concealed Handgun License.

Wstar425

Tell it to our General Assembly who authorizes a Concealed Handgun [highlight]PERMIT[/highlight], not a Concealed Handgun License.

Ok, I’ll try again. As I said, it’s not a gotcha, I’m asking a legitimate question. I don’t know and don’t seem to find much to differentiate.

I understand Virginia has a permit and Wisconsin has a license. Both deal with open carry similarly from the way I understand. No law either way. I also understand the importance of using the correct terminology.

Having said that.
What I DON’T get is the difference, or why one would be advantageous, or not, over the other?

Any thoughts on that question? Don’t let the forum let me down yet once again. So far lately, I’m seeing little value added to my life being here. That’s the truth.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ok, I’ll try again. As I said, it’s not a gotcha, I’m asking a legitimate question. I don’t know and don’t seem to find much to differentiate.

I understand Virginia has a permit and Wisconsin has a license. Both deal with open carry similarly from the way I understand. No law either way. I also understand the importance of using the correct terminology.

Having said that.
What I DON’T get is the difference, or why one would be advantageous, or not, over the other?

Any thoughts on that question? Don’t let the forum let me down yet once again. So far lately, I’m seeing little value added to my life being here. That’s the truth.
There may not be much difference to you.

We try to speak a common language here to our mutual benefit.

Wstar425

There may not be much difference to you.

We try to speak a common language here to our mutual benefit.

Apparently, my communication skills are poorly lacking.

I’m trying to find out what the difference is to YOU!!!!!

Is this that hard of a concept to grasp, or are you unable to define the difference (if there is one) as well?

Last shot, then I’m done. Probably getting into gotcha territory. Referring back to your comment about the lady with the .380, it seemed to matter somewhat to you.

solus

allow me to define the terms so i might tell you what my take in ocdo terms.

license: someone has completed a test, per se., live fire exercise or written test on the laws of deadly force criteria; then proper authority licenses you to carry. further, medical, MH, engineering, etc., fields require licensure.

permit: normally indicates meeting a mandatory safety criteria...e.g., UT’s minimal handgun course + bkgnd ck.

that stated...eh a rose by any other name...

you have been given permission

Last edited:

Wstar425

allow me to define the terms so i might tell you what my take in ocdo terms.

license: someone has completed a test, per se., live fire exercise or written test on the laws of deadly force criteria; then proper authority licenses you to carry. further, medical, MH, engineering, etc., fields require licensure.

permit: normally indicates meeting a mandatory safety criteria...e.g., UT’s minimal handgun course + bkgnd ck.

that stated...eh a rose by any other name...

you have been given permission

Thank you Mr. Montague........

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had breakfast at Shoney's (Wistar & Broad), then to Walmart on Parham Rd, followed by a brief check at the Hearing aid Store on Patterson Avenue.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I had an OC dinner at Longhorn in Short Pump - her brother gave her a gift card.

Meal was good, service commendable, but still remember the fiasco there from several years ago.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stayed in this morning and OCd while eating home baked, orange glazed cinnamon rolls with lots of butter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I had an OC dinner at Longhorn in Short Pump - her brother gave her a gift card.

Meal was good, service commendable, but still remember the fiasco there from several years ago.

Please fill me in on what happened there several years ago.
A large group of us attended a planned OC dinner there about 4 or 5 years ago - took up the entire long table in the left hand rear corner.
When the food finally started coming out, orders were wrong, most cold as the staff tried foolishly to serve everyone at the same time. Biggest breakdown occurred in that JC and his family (incl wife and child) got nothing - not even drinks.
The servers took offense that tips/gratuities disappeared. The MOD offered free
/comped meals to us for a future visit, but did nothing to reduce the frustration that evening.

My google-fu fails me on this issue. Should anyone have a link to the original please post it here.

scouser

My google-fu fails me on this issue. Should anyone have a link to the original please post it here.

When Lee's original account disappeared all the threads started by him vanished, and he was the one who started the thread on the dinners