• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stayed in at DoubleTap's for breakfast. Had Pillsbury cinnamon biscuits with cream cheese icing - real comfort food.

After lunch of chicken, blue cheese and pasta, I ventured out to Foreyes at 8900 West Broad Street. Good people for an eye glass tune up.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sunday morning did the Shoney's buffet thing on West Broad St.

Today did a double - first at Burger King on Jeff Davis for a sausage biscuit with grape (what else?) jam, then to Hardee's across the street for biscuits-n-gravy where the Richmond EMTs didn't seem to mind my OCd 1911.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sausage biscuit at Burger King 0n Jeff Davis near DuPont and biscuits-n-gravy at Hardee's across the street.

The biscuits were sooo bad at Hardee's even after sending them back 3 times that I went around back to the regional training center and connected up with the District Manager Ann. Showed her how you couldn't cut them with a knife - had to chop them up using the knife like an ice pick. She took me back inside the restaurant with her and held a prayer meeting with the employees. She made it clear that I would get what I ordered, in the manner in which I ordered it. Further, there would be no charge on my next meal.

Stopped at the newly redone 7-11 at the county line on Jeff Davis 'cause I wanted an apple fritter. There were seven Chesterfield PD cars there and numerous LEOs lounging around chatting. The donuts must have been fresh..:lol:.. I went in and got my fritter without being accosted.

Picked up some batteries at Batteries Plus across from Pocono Green S.C.

Had lunch at Taco Bell near Pocono Green.

Was a busy but fruitful day of OCing.

Staying close to home this evening (eating in) while preparing for the weekend.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sausage biscuit at regular Burger King and biscuits-n-gravy at Hardee's....price was right :D.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Decided to go somewhere different for dinner. DoubleTap was at a birthday party for one of her close friends, so I was one my own.

Selected Burger Bach in Glen Allen. Got a good high exposure booth facing the front door, strong side out. Service was lackluster, but the food was an unqualified mediocre.

Not near enough blue cheese on the burger that was supposed to be a specialty of the house. The rabbit food was crunchy/fresh and the dressing tangy. The water in my glass was wet.

Numerous other patrons as well as staff did notice my OC - no negative responses/reactions.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I enjoyed a leisurely late afternoon dinner of taco salads at Taco Bell on W. Broad St. near Genside.

She digs the chicken while i prefer the traditional beef.

Our server liked my red, white and blue jacket even before DT showed her the embroidery message on the back = Defending Your Right To Defend Yourself.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had breakfast at Burger King on Jeff Davis near DuPont. Proceeded to the tax office at Chesterfield County. No problems OCing at either location.

Will be seeing my cardiologist at 1:00 pm. Can't carry in any manner inside his office. :(
If there is time after, I will go to Sam's Hotdogs in Hanover Commons.
https://tinyurl.com/yb7gjrtm

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
At my cardiologist's office today across the street from Bon Secours in Hanover, one of the nurses told me that everyone was talking about me. "Why?" I asked.

She explained that My hat (with Don't Tread On Me patch), my empty holster, and my red and blue trimmed white jacket with Defending Your Right To Defend Yourself embroidered in big bold letters across the back had caught the attention of many.

She went further with some insightful information - her husband manufactures ammunition. Turns out that we know many of the same people. Great doctor and staff. Great interaction - would be hard pressed to buy better than that. :D

Just made Sam's Hotdogs at 9502 Chamberlayne Rd, Mechanicsville, VA 23116 before they closed for the day - only open from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. They are very OC friendly. Best hotdogs in Virginia IMHO. Don Litten (aka Peter Nap) RIP introduced me to their fare many years ago.
https://tinyurl.com/ydgsezll

Had dessert of an Oreo McFlurry at McD's on Mechanicsville Trpk nearest Rt. 64

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had breakfast at home then hit the OC trial.

Went to 360 West Auto Repair on Midlothian to pass on some information.

Then to Capt D's on Jeff Davis for lunch where I saw a unicorn. Talked to the gentleman for a while and gave him info on OCDO and the VCDL.

Another customer asked if my sidearm was a Kimber. He said he regularly carries a Kimber 1911, could not do so when on the clock, but it was in the truck. Didn't ask him if his company allowed a handgun in their truck.

After lunch I stopped at Walmart on Hopkins Rd. to pick up my Rx's - as usual there is a fly in the ointment.

I will be at the Richmond PD public meeting at the Community Center tonight from 6-8:00 pm with GSL stickers.
https://tinyurl.com/y8alwbc5

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Fast started my OC day at Burger King on Jeff Davis.
Armed security came in to deliver change and make a cash pickup will I was chomping my biscuit. While his eyes flared momentarily, he didn't miss a beat in his assigned duties.

Returned to Walmart on Hopkins Rd and my Rx was in process, problem resolved. Did some grocery shopping while I waited.
Only negative event was when a %#*@ in the parking lot backed up w/o looking and damn near made me into a speed bump. :uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finished up my OC day at Golden Corral on Providence Road at about 7:30 pm.

The manager told me they had been packed throughout the dinner hours. Really like their new white plates and bowls - you can see the clean.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had breakfast 4/19 at Burger King OCing and went to the Utility Department to find out why my water bill had doubled.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Great sausage biscuit at my favorite Burger King on Jeff Davis.

Spent most of day online looking at forum software comparisons/specs for OCDO upgrade.

Now at DoubleTap's for the duration.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCd at Shoney's on W. Broad St. for breakfast: biscuits-n-gravy with a bowl packed with crispy bacon + 2 other small plates.

Went to Byrd Park to feed the geese with DoubleTap. Never feed them bread - it is pure junk food to them and causes many problems. We buy a shelled corn and other seeds mixture - actually quite cheap from feed stores, Walmart, and Southern States.

Then to Domino's Pizza on Patterson Ave. to pick up our carry out order.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had OC breakfast at Burger King at Parham & Staples Mill.

Took DoubleTap to Lee's Famous Chicken on West Broad Street for lunch.
Looks like Sauers is building a strip mall where Pleasant's Hardware was located next door.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yesterday spent most of the day catching up on my sleep and running scans, installing new programs, and formatting DoubleTap's desktop.

Today I ventured out for an OC breakfast at my favorite Burger King on Jeff Davis. Though they know me and what I want, I still got a biscuit that was hard/brittle around the edges. Next time we shall have a prayer meeting...:p

OCd at Walmart on Hopkins Rd. while picking up needed groceries.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hit the ground running this morning.

OCd at Burger King on Jeff Davis where the prayer meeting paid off - the sausage biscuit was soft and tender.

Went by Firestone on Hopkins to make sure they could get the oil I wanted for my Ram. Yes and at a fair price too.

Then to Walmart in the same shopping center to pick up a few things I forgot when grocery shopping the other day.

From there to the Chesterfield Property Tax and the Treasurers offices. A very pleasant lady (customer) asked me what I was carrying. Replied a 1911, .45 caliber. To which she said, "It's nice. I like it."

Motored to Foreyes on Midlothian Tnpk to have soft silicon nose pads put on my sun shades. What a difference in comfort and no charge.

From there I went to DMV on Johnston Willis Dr. - the only place I did not carry. Thanks to our governator I became a fish in a barrel for a short time.

Went into the Dodge dealership on Midlothian to buy a small plastic cap for the overflow reservoir in my Ram - $23.00! No thank you.

Last stop was at Wawa on Ironbridge at Cogbill where I got my hotdog fix and salt & pepper chips.

Came home to make potato salad for Sunday afternoon in Powhatan with my son and his family. Yes, I am still OCing.

Last edited: