• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fishing Trip with long gun

exelci

Hello all,

I was wondering.. if I go fishing and decide to take my shotgun with me for protection against wild animals and other dangers.. can I rest my shotgun on a tree while Fishing? I know I can open carry it, but I can't see myself fishing with the shotgun on my back on a sling.. and having my sidearm holstered while fishing gets annoying after a while.. I would be fishing in a national Forrest.

Thanks all.

Stay safe!

Firearms Iinstuctor

Should be just fine in AZ.

Leaning it against a tree is not a good idea it is a good way not to have it when you need it and a good way to forget leave it.

You find a carrying a hand gun annoying you well find a shotgun more so.

Time to look into better holsters.

That said we normally do not discuss long gun carry here.

If you want to pm we can discuss it more.

Last edited: