• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flying to Tennessee & Virginia from Colorado

lukaszu

I have a chp and in Colorado it's pretty cut & dry on where I can and can't go. So is there any gotcha's I may encounter in TN or VA while open or concealed?
Thank you

Va_Nemo

What part of Va? If its up in the Fairfax/Arlington/Alexandria area you may get a MWAG call but even there its unlikely.

In the rest of the Commonwealth you will likely be ignored.

Nemo

hafnhaf

There are a few places where open carry is not allowed. Several large airports, state government buildings (for now), schools, a few others.

Sent from Denny's, while open carrying at lunch.

Ken56

TN is by permit only and signs carry the weight of law. You can't carry into a police station among the other usual places like churches, gov't buildings, schools. For the most part OC and CC are widely accepted. LEO are fairly well schooled in carry laws. I have never had a negative incident and I do both OC and CC. Please check out Handgunlaw.us or the NRA site for state specific laws.