• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to get blacks to open carry??

WalkingWolf

So if a few black law abiding citizens decided to walk and open carry in your neighborhood, you would walk along with them?..

What a stupid question. I would walk with any honest citizen no matter what the race, ethnicity, color, or religion. Carrying or not carrying. I draw the line at ignorant liberals though.

Unlike liberals I do more than just using people different for political tantrums. I treat everybody who deserves it with respect.

countryclubjoe

What a stupid question. I would walk with any honest citizen no matter what the race, ethnicity, color, or religion. Carrying or not carrying. I draw the line at ignorant liberals though.

Unlike liberals I do more than just using people different for political tantrums. I treat everybody who deserves it with respect.

Im sure your parents taught you that there are no stupid questions... Get some rest old timer!

B

Bikenut

It has been my experience that getting folks to open carry for the first time is pretty much the same as getting folks to go to the range for the first time. It is usually a one on one personal interaction thing so perhaps it would help for the OP to just go out and acquaint/befriend some black people (neighbors, folks at church or some function/event) and then set up an open carry walk/lunch/dinner and invite them along. They may not carry the first time out but after seeing how uneventful that turned out they just might be emboldened to open carry themselves the second time. Just be sure to continue to encourage them and include them in anything and everything open carry related in the future.

But then... the above holds true regardless of a person's skin color.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bikenut

Originally Posted by Bikenut

... befriend some black people (neighbors, folks at church or some function/event) and then set up an open carry walk/lunch/dinner and invite them along. ... But then... the above holds true regardless of a person's skin color.

I am currently visiting in and near Charleston, South Carolina, where I lived and worked for 35 years until I moved away.

I recall one black man as friend, my foreman through my apprenticeship. I would weep with joy to see him again.

I worked in the largest industrial concerns in the area for my career and had no black peer co-workers. They came and went as trainees but none stayed.

I was invited to and attended the odd AME Church service, invited by acquaintances, but may have been the only white in the chapel.

A white Episcopalian minister officiated at my wedding, he was the pastor of a black congregation in downtown Charleston.

I am dressed for 'high' Lutheran service in a couple of hours but don't expect to see any blacks in the congregation. The church that I will attend is three blocks from Emmanuel AME, the 'Mother Church' that Dylann Roof shot up.

I would say that generally the races here self-segregate if economically possible.

I was very active in the Nineties in the movement to liberalize South Carolina gun law, and recall no black activists. Regular open carry is still prohibited in SC, only such as hunting is legal.
There aren't very many black, Asian, or Latino, folks in the usual social circles that I inhabit but then, there aren't many anti gun or just not interested in guns folks in those circles either. But there are folks of all colors in the stores that I shop in so all I need do is be friendly and strike up a conversation with a total stranger and they just might become not a stranger anymore.

In short.... if our goal is to increase the amount of folks who open carry it may be necessary for us to take it upon ourselves to actively seek out those who we would like to introduce to it.

hammer6

black people were open carrying during the BLM march in dallas when the government started shooting the cops. remember? i'm sure "black" people open carry all the time.

but why do we want to force anyone to open carry?

im sure a lot of dark skinned people are scared to do anything that would frighten LEOs- they're already getting shot for no good reason, mostly for skin color. yeah, i said it.

until there's a full repeal of every single gun law, nothing we do will make a difference.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Wrong.

There are 7 states in this country where a person white or red or black, if said person were to open carry, I suspect they would be shot on sight.

Illinois, Hawaii, Maryland,Massachusetts, California, New Jersey, New york.. I would also venture to mention Washington D.C. while not technically a state, one would be shot on sight in D.C.. My .02

OPEN CARRY LIVES MATTER!

CCJ

I Openly Carry a large handgun every day I go to work in Maryland, and have often had interactions with local and State Police and have never, ever been hassled about it. No, I am not in law enforcement. Yes, I do have a MD Wear and Carry Permit but have never been asked to show it. Your statement that anyone openly carrying in any of the locations you mentioned "would be shot on sight" is just hyperbolic blather, not worth the $.02...

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I Openly Carry a large handgun every day I go to work in Maryland, and have often had interactions with local and State Police and have never, ever been hassled about it. No, I am not in law enforcement. Yes, I do have a MD Wear and Carry Permit but have never been asked to show it. Your statement that anyone openly carrying in any of the locations you mentioned "would be shot on sight" is just hyperbolic blather, not worth the $.02...
Well, it's commentary from CCJ, so that's not a surprise.

hammer6

do you carry wearing your military uniform?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'm a Facebook friend of this fellow, and have invited him to point his followers/members to the Walk in Louisville at the end of this month.

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2016...ter-powerful-message-for-the-black-community/

Recently, 29-year-old Philadelphia activist and artist Maj Toure posed a thought provoking question to his hometown: “What if we stopped trying to get guns off the streets and instead started licensing young men in Philly to legally pack heat?”

Toure is the founder of Black Guns Matter, a campaign aimed at that educating young people about guns and gun safety while teaching respect for firearms in an effort to curb gun violence.
“The stigma, especially in an urban environment like Philly, is if you have a gun, you’re either law enforcement or the bad guy,” Toure said. “What we’re trying to do is say that just because you have a gun doesn’t make you the bad guy. But while you have your firearm, which you have the right to have, you have to be a responsible, card-carrying good guy.”

In an interview on NPR last month, Toure said, “In our community especially, maybe even deliberately, there’s a lot of misinformation and ignorance. And if we continue down that same path, we’re going to keep getting what we’ve been getting.” ...

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Hey genius, how would you determine if they were ignorant liberals?..

OC for ME

Hey genius, how would you determine if they were ignorant liberals?..

Another intelligent reply from the troglodyte.

Calls to mind a theory from my Father, " never argue with an idiot for they shall beat you down and kill you with experience"
A singular trait of liberals is their inability to remain civil in the face of incontrovertible facts.

WalkingWolf

A singular trait of liberals is their inability to remain civil in the face of incontrovertible facts.

Welll I did find a jewel in his second post, while I have heard that advice before it is still sound. So I will ignore him from now on, don't want to sink to his level.

OC for ME

Welll I did find a jewel in his second post, while I have heard that advice before it is still sound. So I will ignore him from now on, don't want to sink to his level.
True the advice to be sure. Yet, I hesitate to leave the definition of who is, or is not, a idiot to a liberal.