• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill filed for "shall issue" in California

KBCraig

http://www.guns.com/2017/02/16/california-lawmaker-introduces-bill-to-make-state-shall-issue/

]An Assembly member on Wednesday introduced legislation to reform California’s strict “may-issue” concealed carry licensing practices and make permits more obtainable.

The bill, AB 757, would amend state law to allow a desire for self-defense to be enough required “good cause” to obtain a permit.

“It is our Constitutional right to defend ourselves,” said sponsor Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez, a Republican from Lake Elsinore, in a statement. “Californians should not be subjugated to the personal beliefs of one individual who doesn’t believe in the Second Amendment. If a citizen passes the background check and completes the necessary safety training requirements, there should be no reason to deny them a CCW.”

Melendez’s proposal would insert language into the current law so that those applying for a carry permit from their local sheriff or police chief could use a desire for “self-defense, defending the life of another, or preventing crime in which human life is threatened” as sufficient reason to obtain a permit without having to show further good cause.

California is just one of eight states that still practice may-issue permitting for carry licenses.

solus

does anybody else think it odd, that in the land of 'OMG no guns' that there isn't a mention of this anywhere except, gun blogs ~ calguns., guns., melendezforca, and america's 1st freedom, oh, and one FB blurb ~ i will not comply.

i suppose CA's mainstream media is tied up getting ad space ready for the sale of the new inland beach front property soon to be available after the monsoonal rains get done and dam fails.

oh her bill is not a "SHALL" but still under the the sheriff "MAY" issue!
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB757

ipse