• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wash Post - Senior ATF official proposes loosening gun regulations

Mike

Site Co-Founder
By Sari Horwitz February 6 at 1:34 PM

The second-highest-ranking official at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has written a proposal to reduce gun regulations, including examining a possible end to the ban on importing assault weapons into the United States.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...eedf1627882_story.html?utm_term=.94bd7f76a5b6

The 11-page “white paper” by Ronald B. Turk, associate deputy director and chief operating officer of the ATF, calls for removing restrictions on the sale of gun silencers; allowing gun dealers to have more guns used in crimes traced to their stores before the federal government requires additional information from the dealer; and initiating a study on lifting the ban on imported assault weapons.

[Read the white paper on firearms regulations]

Checkpoint newsletter

Military, defense and security at home and abroad.

“Restriction on imports serves questionable public safety interests, as these rifles are already generally legally available for manufacture and ownership in the United States,” Turk wrote of the ban on imported AR-15s and AK-style weapons.

The white paper, obtained by The Washington Post, is titled “Options to Reduce or Modify Firearms Regulations.” The proposal opens with the wording of the Second Amendment and is dated Jan. 20.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I think this was a resume for the top ATF job in the Trump administration.

I drew the same conclusion. Still, if that's what it takes to get then, then by God, this is the man who should get there!

Assuming he's genuinely interested in drastically reducing firearms legislation, of course.

Here's a thought:

1. Toss all firearms regulation.

2. Replace with, "The U.S. will henceforth respect and abide by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution."