• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATTN: OCers (and interested others) located in El Paso, TX...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Finally (!), it's time to start having some OC Get-Togethers here in far West Texas, so I'm posting this notice to see how many (IF any!) readers of this Texas sub-forum are located in El Paso (specifically) and who'd be interested in meeting other OCers. If so, PM me.

I'd have posted sooner, but as all of us here know you can't carry ANY gun in TX without a permit (LTC) -- unlike where I was living before (Colorado) where no permit is required to OC.

Anyway, just got my permit in the mail and now am back to OCing -- and ready to do/host OC events now.

Let me know...

BTW, we can do OC get-togethers up in nearby Las Cruces, NM, too (likely @ the Village Inn @ Telshor & Lohman)...so any interested OCers there PM me to get something going in Las Cruces.

As I always do for my events ("my" meaning events I arrange/host), people who do not carry but are thinking about carrying (even if only conceal-carry) are welcome, as are people who exclusively CC...so people other than active OCers are always invited to attend.

And since OC is new to TX, it's even more important for "the locals" (and cops!) to get used to seeing us (OCers) out & about town.

IMO, OCers should be more involved/organized wherever they may live, and one way to do it is to meet other OCers (and others, as mentioned). If possible, I'd like to see a regular (at least monthly) OC get-together for the El Paso area, rotating meeting locations for the Westside, Eastside and Northeast parts of town.

Hopefully, I'll be getting some PMs on this...

-- c

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
OC Get-Together this coming Sunday (2-26-17)...

Note to all:

We've decided on the location for our upcoming OC Get-Together this coming Sunday (2-26-17): In El Paso, TX. The Village Inn @ Montana & Airways, 2:00pm in the afternoon (which I also posted in the Texas Gun Talk/El Paso sub-forum).

As always, besides OCers (of course!) CCers and any "interested others" (newbies and/or those only presently thinking about carrying a firearm) are welcomed to attend.

Regards,

-- c

Last edited: