• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where'd everyone go?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Like the sands through an hourglass, life-draining obligations in dealing with freedom, passion, and joy consumes the days of our lives leaving little time for OCDO. But, with Trump at the helm things soon will change.

utbagpiper

Banned
You can practically hear crickets in here.

In order to counteract that, post some threads telling about your adventures in OCing, expanding gun rights & privileges, etc.

Soon there will be no more crickets!

Instead, there may be soul sucking house trolls nit picking, attacking, and provoking.

The crickets are the natural result of decent folks simply finding the site an ever less pleasant or productive way to spend their time. Seems our hosts don't see any problems and so don't plan any changes. Once that became clear, I think additional folks just decided to find other uses for their time.

I would love to see a recovery. But I am not overly hopeful as of late.

jc79

Things will get more active once the legislative session gets going.

I did have someone with an SDA permit approach me in the parking lot and ask if open carry was legal. I told him it has been for the past several years. It was odd seeing someone that recently got the permit not knowing that OC was legal. It might have been a case of his instructor being against OC and not teaching it to his class.

Glock 1st fan

Instead, there may be soul sucking house trolls nit picking, attacking, and provoking.

The crickets are the natural result of decent folks simply finding the site an ever less pleasant or productive way to spend their time. Seems our hosts don't see any problems and so don't plan any changes. Once that became clear, I think additional folks just decided to find other uses for their time.

I stuck it out myself. One of the early problems I noticed was bad information given and when people would attempt to correct them it would become a free for all. It wasnt just me it happened to but literally anyone who attempted to put accurate information out there.

Tacitus42

Correct, when people post and get attacked ,belittled, or bullied by certain members here like .....( rhymes with bolus). And mods are just oblivious to this . Or maybe they are pals from same state. No matter this site is dead. Notice how you can't remove yourself from this site? Hmmm maybe something to do with lying to potential ad buyers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

utbagpiper

Banned
Correct, when people post and get attacked ,belittled, or bullied by certain members here like .....( rhymes with bolus). And mods are just oblivious to this . Or maybe they are pals from same state. No matter this site is dead. Notice how you can't remove yourself from this site? Hmmm maybe something to do with lying to potential ad buyers.

Hmm. Bolus.

bo·lus

/ˈbōləs/

noun

noun: bolus; plural noun: boluses

a small rounded mass of a substance, especially of chewed food at the moment of swallowing.

So a bolus is the stuff that eventually works its way through your system and is crapped out as a feces.

Seems an entirely apropos reference. :)

What I've seen recently is not just mods being oblivious, but evidence that the mod is supportive of such conduct. The damage done to the formerly robust dialogue and exchanges on the site is obvious to any who do not have some self-interest in being in denial.

I hope to see the legislative sessions of the several States increase traffic. I'd love to see some modest, but crucial improvements to site moderation and accuracy of data on the State legal pages. This has been, and could again be, a very valuable resource for gun owners nationwide. But in its current condition, it looks a lot more like a semi-private chat group for anarchists from a very limited geographical area than it does a nationwide group of RKBA activists (whom we would expect to have a variety and diversity of opinions and views on all kinds of non-RKBA issues).

I fear your observation about ad revenue is spot on. I suspect that and some small personal advertising the site owner are the true raison d'etre for the site's existence at this point.

I'd love to be proven very wrong. But my hope is very limited at this point.

OC for ME

Seems to me that most folks have little interest in reporting "OC'd today, nothing happened."

I suspect that every state has some form of prior restraint law on the books. As jc79 correctly points out, legislators back in session may provide grist for the grist mill.