• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Reciprocity Momentum Builds

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Everyone of those courts intentionally misstated what United States v. Lopez, 514 U.S. 549, 115 S.Ct. 1624, 131 L.Ed.2d 626 (1995) said.

This is why Trump was elected. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of lower court decisions contrary to the Supreme Courts rulings. Just like "Heller" the lower courts ignore what the supremes really said.

This is why I have no respect for the courts.

Fallschirjmäger

So long as there are no consequences for the courts or judges who so so, they will continue to make the decision most politically expedient. If you could make a wrong decision and suffer no consequences, how meticulous would you* be about your decision?

* the editorial 'you' as some people have thought I was speaking to/about them when I used it earlier.

utbagpiper

Banned
Thomas Paine, The Crisis 1776

Applies as well to medical insurance that would be known as ObamaScare and America Cares.

Yup. And to free medical care via ER mandates.

Most importantly and powerfully, I believe, it applies to our current, universal, "free" public education which far too often is so undervalued by both students (who are too young and ignorant to know any better) and by their parents (who should know better) that they don't even realize or care that they are not getting said education, but instead are being indoctrinated to accept government control and kept ignorant lest knowledge of their history cause them to aspire to something more.

Charles

since9

Campaign Veteran
Everyone of those courts intentionally misstated what United States v. Lopez, 514 U.S. 549, 115 S.Ct. 1624, 131 L.Ed.2d 626 (1995) said.

This is why Trump was elected. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of lower court decisions contrary to the Supreme Courts rulings. Just like "Heller" the lower courts ignore what the supremes really said.

This is why I have no respect for the courts.

Agreed. To hell with "precedence." When such lower court "precedence" is piled higher and deeper upon previous and similarly un-Constitutional bias, the entire mountain of such "precedence" is equally as worthless as a single iota of bad judicial "opinion."

This is why our Founding Fathers saw fit to deliver to We the People a "supreme Law of the Land" which everyone in America could read and understand, while cautioning us that it was up to us to keep our own government on track. President Trump made this point sublimely clear on Friday when he said:

Today’s ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people.

For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed.

The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation’s capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.

That all changes starting right here and right now, because this moment is your moment.

It belongs to you.

Fallschirjmäger

Last edited: