• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Issues with forum software

Tess

Founder's Club Member
For the past couple of weeks, any time I try to reply to a post, the system appears to ignore my space bar on the first line. I end up having to type a couple of words, then advance to the next line and start the post for real.

It's only ocdo; it's only on replies. That suggests it's not my system.

Anyone else experiencing this?

JoeSparky

Centurion
I'm experiencing it but only on PMs in the forum while on a standard desktop type computer not via the smart phone

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
For the past couple of weeks, any time I try to reply to a post, the system appears to ignore my space bar on the first line. I end up having to type a couple of words, then advance to the next line and start the post for real.

I'm having a similar problem, but only with PMs!

I use a desktop computer, btw.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Test test test

No problems here ...

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran

I'vebeenhavingthatissuefromtimetotime.

Yes, only on the first line of a reply using quote.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Occassionally have the same problem.

Cure it by clicking on Preview Post and then editing.

Thought it was just me - will report it to John.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Occassionally have the same problem.

Cure it by clicking on Preview Post and then editing.

Thought it was just me - will report it to John.
As I said previously, I have the problem with PMs, but now I see what people are talking about when quoting posts...

Regarding posts: if I don't hit carriage return :)D) at the end of the QUOTE line, and instead just use the mouse to go down to the line for typing, the problem shows up there too.

Last edited: