• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does Mandating license plates violate " Our right to Privacy"?

countryclubjoe

Theories do not keep you a virgin in the gray bar hotel shower...

Spoken like a true statist and one that is anti- individual liberty.. "You can take the person out of the institution however you cannot take the institution
out of one that is institutionalized"..

My .02

WalkingWolf

Spoken like a true statist and one that is anti- individual liberty.. "You can take the person out of the institution however you cannot take the institution
out of one that is institutionalized"..

My .02

Roll the dice~~take your chances. I do not have to agree with the laws, or disagree with them to obey them. I sure as hell am not going to keep berating members to break the law, and risk their freedom.

countryclubjoe

Roll the dice~~take your chances. I do not have to agree with the laws, or disagree with them to obey them. I sure as hell am not going to keep berating members to break the law, and risk their freedom.

Clearly I am not advocating for anyone here to break any laws, and if I were folks are clever enough to think for themselves and also our esteemed moderator would have imposed a sanction upon my post, if what you espouse were true..

I have only expressed my opinion that government mandating the licensing and permits and fees upon folks for exercising their natural rights and constitutional rights, whatever those rights may be, is in my opinion unconstitutional, I have no issue nor do I despise folks for buying into the scheme.
Many folks are simply trained to follow the dictates of their rulers hence the scheme continues and folks slowly surrender rights for government privileges... It is just an issue that I feel all liberty minded folks should think about..

Do you think folks should be required to buy a license to wed? How about a permit to walk on a public beach, a license to walk your dog, a permit to put a bow window on your home, etc... I can go on and on... Some folks are fine with being taxed for all the above rights, they don't care.. And that is fine..

However I am a supporter of individual liberty and small government.. I denounce government intrusion, I support privacy, I support the most basic right and that right is simply " to be left alone".. I think all reasonable minded folks feel the same way..

My .02

davidmcbeth

Banned
Clearly I am not advocating for anyone here to break any laws, and if I were folks are clever enough to think for themselves and also our esteemed moderator would have imposed a sanction upon my post, if what you espouse were true..

I have only expressed my opinion that government mandating the licensing and permits and fees upon folks for exercising their natural rights and constitutional rights, whatever those rights may be, is in my opinion unconstitutional, I have no issue nor do I despise folks for buying into the scheme.
Many folks are simply trained to follow the dictates of their rulers hence the scheme continues and folks slowly surrender rights for government privileges... It is just an issue that I feel all liberty minded folks should think about..

Do you think folks should be required to buy a license to wed? How about a permit to walk on a public beach, a license to walk your dog, a permit to put a bow window on your home, etc... I can go on and on... Some folks are fine with being taxed for all the above rights, they don't care.. And that is fine..

However I am a supporter of individual liberty and small government.. I denounce government intrusion, I support privacy, I support the most basic right and that right is simply " to be left alone".. I think all reasonable minded folks feel the same way..

My .02

I see many laws as being actual laws that pass constitutional muster .... so I do not advocate not following various laws; but I think that many laws do not create mandatory requirements but are voluntary instead. Many laws are not mandatory.

WalkingWolf

My .02

UNTIL they are ruled unconstitutional it IS enforced. And your constant berating to those who choose to obey existing laws is disgusting. If you are that passionate then do something other than try to insult every member that disagrees with you.

countryclubjoe

UNTIL they are ruled unconstitutional it IS enforced. And your constant berating to those who choose to obey existing laws is disgusting. If you are that passionate then do something other than try to insult every member that disagrees with you.

You Mr. conjecture casted the first stone sometime ago, if you play with fire you get burnt. I have been watching you insult folks here with your ignorant laconic post for over two years.. I understand that you are indoctrinated and institutionalized and you are not accustomed to someone standing up to you.. However this time you screwed with the wrong marine..

My .02

WalkingWolf

You Mr. conjecture casted the first stone sometime ago, if you play with fire you get burnt. I have been watching you insult folks here with your ignorant laconic post for over two years.. I understand that you are indoctrinated and institutionalized and you are not accustomed to someone standing up to you.. However this time you screwed with the wrong marine..

My .02

OHHH BS, you have been name calling, and insulting for months now. On top of that you complain about civility, but yet you attack every member that disagrees with you. You scream racism, and bigotry, yet you use bigotry in attacks over, and over again. I find it funny you are hurting so bad over Hillary's loss, I hope you have a longgggg four years of whining.

countryclubjoe

OHHH BS, you have been name calling, and insulting for months now. On top of that you complain about civility, but yet you attack every member that disagrees with you. You scream racism, and bigotry, yet you use bigotry in attacks over, and over again. I find it funny you are hurting so bad over Hillary's loss, I hope you have a longgggg four years of whining.

I shall be whining right here next to you..

Fallschirjmäger

Oh shite, WW now you done did it; you messed with da bull and now you get the horns, You Have Unleashed The BEAST!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x670xa_the-pacifier-wrestling-scene-vin-di_fun

The Rock is the definition of laconic.

BTW, Joe, I can sympathize with your plight. Like you, my grandma tries to use big words in conversation to impress people without knowing what the words mean.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Last edited: