• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Her son died robbing a Pizza Hut. NOW she is trying to SUE

Michael48632

Pizza Hut

I can understand to a point their worries about liability it is costly enough with just workmans comp much less a lawsuit from a shooting if god forbid an innocent civilian gets shot , Most times insurance companies try to settle out of court BUT its still way to costly and that is why we should be fighting for the JUSTICE system to ABOLISH CIVIL lawsuits against justified shootings .

OC for ME

Get it in writing in your state's statutes.

Chapter 563
RSMo 563.074. Justification as an absolute defense, when. — 1. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 563.016, a person who uses force as described in sections 563.031, 563.041, 563.046, 563.051, 563.056, and 563.061 is justified in using such force and such fact shall be an absolute defense to criminal prosecution or civil liability.

2. The court shall award attorney's fees, court costs, and all reasonable expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant has an absolute defense as provided in subsection 1 of this section.

Michael48632

That is the WHOLE PROBLEM the criminals commit crimes and the LAW ABIDING CITIZEN has to pay in CIVIL COURT !!!! This is what is wrong with our JUSTICE SYSTEM if you get killed while committing a crime than there should be NO CIVIL LIABILITY for the CRIMINAL and OR HIS FAMILY !!!!!