• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting in a couple weeks

5jeffro7

Visiting CDA in a couple weeks for my daughter's first Tat: can y'all school me on carry laws (open and concealed) for WA residents with a CCW?

may end up going to lunch with a relative from MT, & would prefer to stay within the law.

any place I need to avoid? carry loaded in vehicle? Any other suggestions?

OC Freedom

Open carry is unrestricted except for; Federal facilities, Court houses (beyond the metal detectors), Jails, and K-12 schools. You may carry in a bar and drink your fill as long as it's open carry

Airport carry is fine, just not beyond the TSA checkpoints

Concealed carry requires any state/court permit for in town carry unless you a citizen of Idaho. Places off limits are the same as open, but if you carry in a bar don't become intoxicated while concealed carrying. Only open carry allows you legally to become intoxicated while being armed.

Autos are fine for carry.
signs have no force of law. Only have to leave if asked or it becomes trespassing.
you do not have to inform LE that you are armed.

For more info go to: http://www.handgunlaw.us/

I thought that under Idaho Statutes, Title 18, Chapter 33 of 2C (18-3302C), Section 1; applied only to carrying concealed in
courthouses, jails, and K-12 (K-12 continues under 18-3302D). So, by my current knowledge, only carrying concealed is
illegal in courthouses and jails; not open carry. If I am mistaken, please correct me with Idaho Statutes.

-Thank you

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought that under Idaho Statutes, Title 18, Chapter 33 of 2C (18-3302C), Section 1; applied only to carrying concealed in
courthouses, jails, and K-12 (K-12 continues under 18-3302D). So, by my current knowledge, only carrying concealed is
illegal in courthouses and jails; not open carry. If I am mistaken, please correct me with Idaho Statutes.

-Thank you
Encourage you to do more research. Note: Idaho statutes are not the only limiting factor, there is the Administrative Code too, as well as federal law.

Just a few as eamples:

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/no-guns-allowed/2014/11/16/id/607272/

https://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH33SECT18-3302D.htm

Grapeshot,

I am familiar with federal laws that ban weapons in federal facilities (buildings that are not controlled by the state) and National Cemeteries.
What I am referring to is court houses and jails that are owned and operated by the state, county, city, or any political organization funded by state alone.
I am not aware of any "administrative codes" that has been validated by 18-3302J or any other Idaho Statutes. Besides, I have been researching
on this subject for some time now, but it seems there is no laws that ban the possession of a firearm, only carrying concealed.
If you have U.S.C. or Idaho Statutes that declares firearms are not allow in any state owned and operated court houses and jails.
I will appreciate it.

- Thank you

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot,

I am familiar with federal laws that ban weapons in federal facilities (buildings that are not controlled by the state) and National Cemeteries.
What I am referring to is court houses and jails that are owned and operated by the state, county, city, or any political organization funded by state alone.
I am not aware of any "administrative codes" that has been validated by 18-3302J or any other Idaho Statutes. Besides, I have been researching
on this subject for some time now, but it seems there is no laws that ban the possession of a firearm, only carrying concealed.
If you have U.S.C. or Idaho Statutes that declares firearms are not allow in any state owned and operated court houses and jails.
I will appreciate it.

- Thank you

Funded by the state alone is an unrealistic/unworkable criteria. Administrative codes are not validated (by 18-3302J or other) but are interpertations that carry the force of law.
Search Idaho Code & Statutes - Idaho Attorney General www.ag.idaho.gov/publications/idahoStatutes.html

Places permit holders are disallowed from carrying their weapons include:

• Courthouses
  • Jails
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Idaho-Gun-Laws.htm

Introduction of Contraband Idaho Code 18-2510 states that a person commits a crime by knowingly introducing or possessing contraband in a correctional facility. Contraband includes, but is not limited to, tobacco, cell phone(s) or other telecommunication equipment, controlled/illegal substances, firearms or dangerous weapons, ammunition/explosives, and escape tools or devices. Violators are punishable by imprisonment of up to 5 years and/or fine of up to $10,000.
https://www.idoc.idaho.gov/content/policy/3744

Last edited:
Grapeshot,

I see, weapons in a Correctional Facilities and on the grounds, is indeed off-limits under Idaho Statute 18-2510.
I also found the legal definition of a Correctional Facilities in Title 18 Chapter 1 (18-101A). Although,
I seem to find it difficult to find the definition of "Courthouses" in Title 18. Also, I still don't see any law
that bans weapons (besides carry concealed) in a court house.

I appreciate your time, and if you do come across an Idaho Statute that define courthouses and that weapons
are not allowed; besides that of carrying concealed. I will greatly appreciate that. Till then, I'll continue to search
for my conclusion.

-Thank you

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot,

I see, weapons in a Correctional Facilities and on the grounds, is indeed off-limits under Idaho Statute 18-2510.
I also found the legal definition of a Correctional Facilities in Title 18 Chapter 1 (18-101A). Although,
I seem to find it difficult to find the definition of "Courthouses" in Title 18. Also, I still don't see any law
that bans weapons (besides carry concealed) in a court house.

I appreciate your time, and if you do come across an Idaho Statute that define courthouses and that weapons
are not allowed; besides that of carrying concealed. I will greatly appreciate that. Till then, I'll continue to search
for my conclusion.

-Thank you
I have not found anything definitive in the statutes or the Code that prohibit OC in a courthouse. Be aware though that judges are tantamount to kings in their authority to control the environment (safety & security) of their domain. If that is solely the case, then we may be looking in the wrong place. Perhaps a phone call to a local clerk of court might shed some light on this.

OC Freedom

-Thank you

Grape's answers are spot on.

I haven't seen any new videos from you in a while. Are you planning to do some more?

I would like to see more folks like you educating those in Portland, those leftist need educating.

Last edited:
OC Freedom,

As of now, I do not plan on making anymore videos. I have accomplish most of my goals in my
activism, especially here in Jackson County Oregon. So I am going to put that on hold, and just
simply carry my pistol. As of now, I am focusing on my business and expanding (very slowly though),
and see where it takes me. Since the market on housing is tripling and not good time to invest at
the moment. Renting to others seems to be optimum at this time.

Anyways, I don't believe the "left" is capable of obtaining and contemplating knowledge that is
against their very grain. The current administration of school have built the mind in most of
the younger generation, and place a very emotional wall around it. Which has a reboot when
they are logically defeated. Besides, the "left" is now in a destructive/violence mode and will
be very hostile to anything that is not within their "tolerance".

- Have a good morning.

OC Freedom

OC Freedom,

As of now, I do not plan on making anymore videos. I have accomplish most of my goals in my
activism, especially here in Jackson County Oregon. So I am going to put that on hold, and just
simply carry my pistol. As of now, I am focusing on my business and expanding (very slowly though),
and see where it takes me. Since the market on housing is tripling and not good time to invest at
the moment. Renting to others seems to be optimum at this time.

Anyways, I don't believe the "left" is capable of obtaining and contemplating knowledge that is
against their very grain. The current administration of school have built the mind in most of
the younger generation, and place a very emotional wall around it. Which has a reboot when
they are logically defeated. Besides, the "left" is now in a destructive/violence mode and will
be very hostile to anything that is not within their "tolerance".

- Have a good morning.

Glad to hear you will be Open Carrying a pistol. Every person we can get to Open Carry is another win in the normalization of said activity.

Good luck in your endeavors. :)