• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nothing Wrong with Carrying Guns ‘This Side of Heaven’

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A pastor in York, Pennsylvania, is teaching a handgun training class to willing congregants, stressing that there is nothing wrong with carrying a gun “on this side of heaven.”

"....Smith said that “we live in a wrecked world” and carrying a gun is part of life “on this side of heaven.” He stressed that carrying a gun is part of life whether you are Christian or not, and made clear that the option to carry belongs to pastors, as well."

http://jpfo.org/alerts2016/alert20161021.htm?awt_l=KI0UC&awt_m=Jn8pfSLW5_Zn_P

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...nothing-wrong-carrying-guns-this-side-heaven/

Firearms Iinstuctor

Sunday a week ago we had observant Mennonite honeymooners from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, a really plainly attractive couple that sat behind me, armed, in Church. The young man joined in singing with our 'singing congregation' very sweetly.

I tried to send a complimentary note to their Bishop but all the addresses that I found bounced apparently.

My Mennonite in-laws and family has gotten use to me being armed all the time. We have had some interesting conversations.

A lot of Mennonite's hunt and own guns they just don't believe it is right to use force to defend oneself.

Scarpetta

--Edited by Moderator--

In gun free Amish country , I pack when I am on the road out in Ohio , and here abouts around Lancaster .
But then again I pack when I am 5 miles down the road in Crafton , or Dormont.

Last edited by a moderator:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
--edited by Moderator--
In gun free Amish country , I pack when I am on the road out in Ohio , and here abouts around Lancaster .
But then again I pack when I am 5 miles down the road in Crafton , or Dormont.
BB62 and I were passing through Dalton, OH. (Amish Country) on our way to Kent State University where we were sponsoring an open carry walk. In Dalton is a general store called Lemans. https://www.lehmans.com/lehmans-retail-store
Up the street is a MOM and POP restaurant that we decided to have lunch. The place was packed and there was a lot of Amish diners. We walked in open carrying. I'm short and usually no one notices my firearm. However, BB62 is 3 inches shy of 7'. His firearm is usually at everyone else's eye level. We sat down and had a nice lunch. While eating two women walked up and thanked us for carrying. I know a number of Mennonite and Amish. They all have their own opinions.

Last edited by a moderator: